Rangers/Castore Supporter Update

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So Rangers and Castore are largely ignoring multiple complaints about deliveries, quality and poor communication and people on here are having a go at Club1872 for questioning this?

No wonder the club know they can fleece us.

Are they ignoring those complaints? 

Maybe 'dealing with in an incompetent and inconsistent manner' might be a better description.  The poor responses from both parties are causing a lot of frustration.

The statement released by Castore was farcical.

12 minutes ago, rbr said:

Over 400 fans applied to go to this , 10 were chosen , club1872 weren’t included , tells you everything .

Aye, the club have handpicked people who won't do much probing and the fan meeting is a waste of time.

3 hours ago, rbr said:

Over 400 fans applied to go to this , 10 were chosen , club1872 weren’t included , tells you everything .

Maybe that everything is that the club and/or Castore don't want to answer the difficult questions.

I can buy a new partnership will have teething problems, but questions still need asked.

A personal agenda against Club 1872 shouldnt cloud yours, or anyone's judgement on the veracity of the questions being asked.  Not one of the questions being asked by Club 1872 is invalid.  Not one.  And it tells you everything, but not about Club 1872 it tells you everything about the supposed transparency of the Club and, quite possibly, Castore too..

They still get the benefit of the doubt for me, despite purchasing 3 tops pre-order, with delivery supposedly August 1st - I still didnt have my top by August 11th when I had to come back to Bermuda and now won't get it till the end of September - so pre-ordering, for me, was completely pointless.  Not complaining, just providing an instance where it clearly failed.  I could have simply used my Mygers points and went to the club store on Aug 6th and purchased on the day but, in my apparent naivety, I thought pre-ordering meant you would get your top from the first batch.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, the club have handpicked people who won't do much probing and the fan meeting is a waste of time.

Any excuse for a pop at Club1872 rather than actually be objective to the veracity and validity of the questions raised.

I understand people have issues with Club1872 - I do too but this thread is about the poor service provided by Castore and Club1872 are sticking up for Rangers fans on the receiving end of this poor service.  Turning it into an anti-Club1872 thread is just bizarre.

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I understand people have issues with Club1872 - I do too but this thread is about the poor service provided by Castore and Club1872 are sticking up for Rangers fans on the receiving end of this poor service.  Turning it into an anti-Club1872 thread is just bizarre.

Not only that but it isn’t that long ago some were accusing C1872 of being nothing more than a club mouthpiece.... now here they are calling both club and merchandise partner out and now they’re irrelevant and shouldn’t bother.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Not really , both are very valid points , club1872 came about because of the success of RF , certain people namely James Blair wanted to control it , he got his way with the help of certain people within RF , those are not up for argument they happened .

Club1872 was meant to be an independent fans members led group that were totally independent of the club and to hold the board to account , again this quickly changed once certain people were elected , they became very close to the club and did as the club wanted , remember buying shares from a certain person without asking members , frequent meeting which were in the initial proposals never materialised , communication is next to never , I couldn’t tell you the last time I was contacted on anything , I couldn’t tell you the last time there was a meeting .

i attended every  meeting and fell out with plenty over their handling of issues , the entire elections the last few times were an absolute farce , with the club supporting certain people over others , the very fact guys like Iain Leiper aka D’ artagnan couldn’t stay on the board should tell you everything , his reputation is above reproach .

The fact that they are now getting totally ignored because it doesn’t suit the club tells you everything about the way they are viewed and the fact that the current club1872 board see their own positions over  the best interests of club1872 members again tells you everything .

I was the biggest supporter of fans getting involved , to my shame I even started the request for gersnet to have a lifetime membership of RF , which I totally regret now as it’s totally wasted . Fans simply cannot get the shareholding required and at clubs such as ours , the wrong people get elected time after time , it’s so sad but not unexpected .