17 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

It's a good idea, but aren't the speech, and hate speech laws written in such a way in GBR to prevent true free speech?

I think our political system prevents us from making any meaningful, positive, protection to speech.

That still leaves plenty of opportunities to protect people when employers overstep the mark.

Why do people think platforms like Twitter and Facebook are there for them to practice "free speech"? Their sole purpose is to enrich their owners and you can only post things that don't affect the filthy lucre rolling in, they're perfectly comfortable with anti-semitism (as is wider society especially here in Scotland) and will only do something about it when it starts to hurt their pockets hence the sloth like action in this case.

Personally I wouldn't have banned him but then I actually believe in freedom of speech for all and all he has done is show his true colours.

Did I miss the similar thread for Katie Hopkins? Or is she not to be afforded the same rights as black anti-semites?

^^^^

*Notes Compo's thread re Hopkins*

Freedom of speech if it ever existed has gone for ever and you can thank the left for that.

Edited by forlanssister
*Note

I note our separated brethren are asking for assurances that the Bible is not included in the proposed Bill.

A tricky one for the nationalists. The Meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights.

Is a barrel of oil selling for $115 as yet? The economic case for independence is predicated upon this Andrew Wilson inspired fantasy.