[FT] Aberdeen 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 21')

I'm looking forward to Rangers playing competitive football again but have concerns that we'll be seeing a repeat of the last two seasons.

We could do with an early goal tomorrow and need to be ready to deal with heavy tackling and negative tactics (two things we haven't dealt well with since we returned to the top flight). 

• Frankie changed the title to Aberdeen v Rangers - Once more unto the breach

It would be really good to see Jamie Murphy come on today. I still believe he is one of our best players when fit and possesses many of the qualities we often lack. 

It would be good to see Calvin Bassey get minutes if the opportunity arose too. He looks like a real prospect. 

I really hope Greg Stewart gets more opportunities this season too. As predicted, he was very productive with the very little time he was given on the pitch last season. It isn’t easy to produce when you aren’t played regularly and are thrown on here and there but in the equivalent of just over 4 x 90 minutes he scored 3 and assisted 3. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

It would be really good to see Jamie Murphy come on today. I still believe he is one of our best players when fit and possesses many of the qualities we often lack. 

It would be good to see Calvin Bassey get minutes if the opportunity arose too. He looks like a real prospect. 

I really hope Greg Stewart gets more opportunities this season too. As predicted, he was very productive with the very little time he was given on the pitch last season. It isn’t easy to produce when you aren’t played regularly and are thrown on here and there but in the equivalent of just over 4 x 90 minutes he scored 3 and assisted 3. 

I agree about Murphy. 

I wasn't too impressed with Bassey, albeit in very brief glimpses. He looks like a unit, with pace. I think he tried to do the right things, but they didn't come off, and he was quite wasteful when I saw him. I'm still pretty hopeful, though.  

However, your last point: don't you criticise Morelos for scoring unimportant goals, yet Stewart's goals/assists were all towards the end of games when they were already won? :ninja: 

I wold like to see Stewart get more game-time, though. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

It would be good to see Calvin Bassey get minutes if the opportunity arose too. He looks like a real prospect

His positional sense is woeful.  Needs a Hell of a lot of work before he's ready for first team action.