[FT] Aberdeen 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 21')

1 hour ago, compo said:

A wins a win and it's full points taken and a blank sheet so a decent day's work ,but will have to do better in front of goal .

... and we actually have to get in front of goal too. Kent and Hagi all over the place, Morelos covered by 3 guys and hence roving around ... the half-way line. We can remain dreaming of Aribo's dancing skills and Kent's burts of pace and Hagi's occasional shots, but against packed defences, it ain't work for a whole season.

1st training session out of the way,sorry game,a good three points is a good start.

Ref Alfie playing further back I think this could have been a tctic to allow our faster players to be put in with correct passes.

Impressed with Balogan and to me no real failures today.

Even Madden had a half decent game.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Early days obviously but he looked composed

Agree sir. All positive! .. 

Another option after Katic hurt himself. 

Felt tad sorry for GE, he was in all pre season and did ok. I think he will get a chance too, against mabie not quite as physical a team as Aberdeen at Pittodrie 

Thanks to Rousseau for the match commentary. I’m far too mean to pay for the telly and I will not listen to bbc Rs.

I did manage enough peace and quiet to get twenty minutes of R5. Conor McNamara from the ROI is an excellent commentator. Charlie Adam was on as well. He is no more knowledgeable or articulate than any other old pro but at least he is not possessed of a visceral detestation of Rangers