[FT] Aberdeen 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 21')

Didn’t get to see the game but we have to see that as a good 3 points given our mixed record there. 

Excellent finish from Kent. That’s where he excels, using his pace running onto a ball on the counter attack. 

I do hope the Morelos situation comes to a conclusion soon. We need to him sold and fresh blood brought in asap. He won’t be at his best with his head turned. 

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

You would rather we got rid of Morelos? I would rather we kept him.

His head has turned. If he doesn’t get his move now he won’t be at his best for a long time. This window is open till October remember. I want a quick conclusion to it and new, hungry players brought in asap. 

Just now, DMAA said:

His head has turned. If he doesn’t get his move now he won’t be at his best for a long time. This window is open till October remember. I want a quick conclusion to it and new, hungry players brought in asap. 

He is our top scorer, hard to replace, I don't know how you can be so certain his head has turned? if he leaves he leaves if the price is right, as with all players, but he is our player and don't understand why some fans are desperate for him to leave?

A great three points overall.  Dropping points today was entirely possible and unbearable to think about.

Kent looks sharp but Morelos and Hagi don't yet.  If the rest don't sharpen up then our difficulties with Aberdeen will continue.

I'm not sure yet but Helander might have to work hard to get back in the side.

Morelos made 5he goal today and rarely gave the ball away.  I thought he had a good game. 

Aberdeen seem to drag us down to their level every time we play them.  Stevie g needs to start utilizing his substitutions better.   We created next to nothing in the second half  and looked stale.   

SG stated that Alfie dropping beep was a tactical change to allow more space behind and worked especially at the goal. 

On reflection and looking at match stats it was a comfortable victory and certainly we can take more positives than negatives from the game. 

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

He is our top scorer, hard to replace, I don't know how you can be so certain his head has turned? if he leaves he leaves if the price is right, as with all players, but he is our player and don't understand why some fans are desperate for him to leave?

It’s an opinion, nobody on this forum can ever be certain if anything like that. And it’s not a matter of being desperate for him to leave, it is an opinion that it has reached the stage where something like very likely to happen and the quicker it happens the better because being on the cusp of a move is never good for a striker’s form. 

Edited by DMAA

Thought we were in control of the game mostly without playing well at any stage. Jack & Kamara were almost completely anonymous, Tav was poor, Arizona was class, Balogun had an impressive debut without being tested too much, and I never felt we were in trouble, which doesn’t happen at Pittodrie too often.

Agree with previous comments that SG needs to use his bench more. There was a stat that came up midway through second half that showed top 3 clubs who got points from losing positions and bheasts led with 14 with Dolly second on 13. We were unsurprisingly not on list as we do not change the game with our subs very often. Those in-match decisions are what managers earn their money for and what separates winning managers from the rest.

This season we can list 9 subs and use 5, and SG has to use his bench much much better if we are to have any chance of 55. Either to cement a lead or to chase a deficit, we must make good changes to the starting 11amd I felt we didn’t do this today.

Delighted at the 3 points from the second toughest away game on our schedule but plenty needing worked on. I will however take the same result from the next 37 league games.

20 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It’s an opinion, nobody on those forum can ever be certain if anything like that. And it’s not a matter of being desperate for him to leave, it is an opinion that it has reached the stage where something like very likely to happen and the quicker it happens the better because being on the cusp of a move is never good for a striker’s form. 

I agree it's an opinion, however all the noise about Morelos is in the Scottish gutter press! he is our player and SG has said no reasonable offer has been made. I will not listen to the Scottish gutter press regarding anything to do with Rangers. Morelos is our player, top player at that, and I will be happy to see him remain our player for this season again. Yet, as I said there seems to be a lot of fans who would like to see him leave!.