• Barisic
    • Jack
    • Kamara
    • Aribo
    • Kent
    • Hagi
    • Morelos
    • Arfield

Went for Aribo, the only class player on show. Looked our most dangerous player and looks confident to take players on.  Balogun was impressive without having much to do defensively , Kent apart from a lovely finish missed the game in long parts but in a 1-0 win I can understand voting his way but I  can’t believe there are votes for Jack & Kamara who I thought were both anonymous. Not one forward pass between the two of them from my recollection. Shagger will never have a quieter game at the hill of dung , Barasic probed away offensively but will have better days and Hagi looked up for it but not much came off for him.

23 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Went for Aribo, the only class player on show. Looked our most dangerous player and looks confident to take players on.  Balogun was impressive without having much to do defensively , Kent apart from a lovely finish missed the game in long parts but in a 1-0 win I can understand voting his way but I  can’t believe there are votes for Jack & Kamara who I thought were both anonymous. Not one forward pass between the two of them from my recollection. Shagger will never have a quieter game at the hill of dung , Barasic probed away offensively but will have better days and Hagi looked up for it but not much came off for him.

Your recollection about Jack and Kamara
not making forward passes is definitely wrong TB

4 hours ago, blueflag said:

I picked Kent. Just for the sublime,  cool finish. 

I wouldn't disagree with your assessments above tho either, i tend to always favour the goalscorer in 1.0 games over our defenders as Aberdeen were mince and hardly posed a challenge, especially first half

My sentiments exactly! 

1 hour ago, craig said:

I think he's so far off the mark he must have been watching some other game. Our centre backs were solid and in midfield Jack and Kamara hardly put a foot wrong. Jack was a sensation last season until his injury, Kamara was dreadful in the second half of the season, but today they were back to form.

2 hours ago, craig said:

I’m happy to concede if that is the case, I don’t want them to be pish! I said about 40 minutes in that I hadn’t noticed  Kamara was playing at all, and Jack had done nothing of any note more than 30 yards from our goal. I was looking out for them as second half progressed and don’t recall any contribution of significance from either.

They done their defensive roles well enough first half, but with our total domination of possession and territory both were not required to be as deep and we could have done with one of them pushing further forward and contributing in forward areas where we were having trouble breaking them down.

Just the way I saw it.

Kent for me.  

Jack and Kamara are the two reasons we won't win the league.  Very average players with no guts.  We need Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall or John Brown in those positions.  

18 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I think the problem in this game was that most of the players had a sound game without any particular individual standing out.  It was Balogun's first game, he settled in well and looked composed and therefore one could argue a case for him being man of the match.  However, in response one could argue that since Aberdeen's attack was dire, particularly in the first half, he wasn't put under any pressure and therefore it is difficult to assess his ability, but first signs are positive.  Tav, Goldson and Borna did fine but nothing spectacular.  Kent scored a fine goal but other than that he just had a reasonable game, Morelos made some good layoffs but never looked like like scoring, Aribo again showed his class but perhaps was a bit quiet compared to how he performed in the pre-season friendlies.  Jack and Kamara were quietly efficient, breaking up play and being the anchors in the team.  One issue with playing both Jack and Kamara is that neither strikes you with their capability to go forward with purpose and take the game to the opposition, that is, they tend to be more reactive than proactive.  It would be good to sign a player that could complement either Jack or Kamara rather than someone who plays the game similarly to them.