Had a strange encounter in a pub today in Yorkshire. Guy serving our food heard my accent and said, oh are you Scottish.

Anyway, he went onto claim his only visit to Scotland was when "he got ran out of Ibrox" as his team Millwall scored a 3rd goal against us, and it was when they had a Scottish manager in 2006'07 time

Doubtful for one that we lost at home to Millwall 3.0, but i genuinely can't even remember playing them,  and found no evidence of this on Google.

Can anyone remember such a game?

Find it a weird story to make up to be fair. Guy near choked when i pulled my season ticket card out ma wallet to show him 

37 minutes ago, blueflag said:

Had a strange encounter in a pub today in Yorkshire. Guy serving our food heard my accent and said, oh are you Scottish.

Anyway, he went onto claim his only visit to Scotland was when "he got ran out of Ibrox" as his team Millwall scored a 3rd goal against us, and it was when they had a Scottish manager in 2006'07 time

Doubtful for one that we lost at home to Millwall 3.0, but i genuinely can't even remember playing them,  and found no evidence of this on Google.

Can anyone remember such a game?

Find it a weird story to make up to be fair. Guy near choked when i pulled my season ticket card out ma wallet to show him 

Like you, I cant recall us ever playing Millwall at Ibrox.

I looked on the official site as there used to be a search facility for all games we've played, but can't find it on new website. 

Searched on here and other websites and can't find any reference to this game.  

41 minutes ago, gaspard said:

we have never played Millwall

Man in Pub = Rocket

Thankyou... that does for me.

Looney, didn't know I was a Rangers fan until after this crazy story when i pulled my wallet out. We live among them. 

Millwall are a club with Scottish origins. They’re named after Millwall on the Isle of Dogs where they started out but have since moved to South London. Their strip is/was the blue and white of the saltire and their badge the Scottish lion 

8 hours ago, The Tin Man said:

I Remember Dundee playing Millwall at Dens around that time and there was a shitload of trouble afterwards but if yer man there’s got Dens n Ibrox confused I cannae help him!

Interesting .. thanks for the info.

The guy worked in the pub, and its fairly local. I must pop back in one dat

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

I was wrong when I said we had never played Millwall 

Just stumbled across this

Millwall Athletic 5, Rangers 1

1st April 1899

RGS  Jimmy Oswald 

Att, 7000

The match appears to be part of a wee tour of England,  we beat Liverpool and Southampton either side of the Millwall game.