Can anyone explain why we so often sit on a 1-0 lead against poor teams?

Yesterday we looked content with our lead against one of the worst Aberdeen teams I have ever seen - why didn't we keep going at them? 

We often struggle up there, so I am happy with the three points but the manner in which we gained those points leaves me thinking our mentality is still the same and we will needlessly drop points against lesser opponents when victories could easily be obtained. 

Not much cohesion of the front quartett. Kent was roving about, as was Hagi, while Aribo more often than not stayed in the middle. Utterly beyond me was Morelos in an equally pilgrimage mood ... maybe frustrated by the lack of support up front. Likewise, both Morelos and Kent have a "selfish streak", even when facing 2 or 3 players, rather than checking out attacking options.

Would have loved to see Stewart and/or the pacy Barker in the second half.

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Not much cohesion of the front quartett. Kent was roving about, as was Hagi, while Aribo more often than not stayed in the middle. Utterly beyond me was Morelos in an equally pilgrimage mood ... maybe frustrated by the lack of support up front. Likewise, both Morelos and Kent have a "selfish streak", even when facing 2 or 3 players, rather than checking out attacking options.

Would have loved to see Stewart and/or the pacy Barker in the second half.

Barker did well in the pre season games when he came on, he was running at defences, and even having a crack at goal ,i think he's a player that suffers a bit from the weight of expectation from the support.

So ideal given the current situation.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Can anyone explain why we so often sit on a 1-0 lead against poor teams?

Yesterday we looked content with our lead against one of the worst Aberdeen teams I have ever seen - why didn't we keep going at them? 

We were keeping our powder dry. 

3 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Barker did well in the pre season games when he came on, he was running at defences, and even having a crack at goal ,i think he's a player that suffers a bit from the weight of expectation from the support.

So ideal given the current situation.

That's a fair point. Hadn't thought about the absence of crowds like that.