2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

For the tough match against St Mirren?

For a long, arduous, 50+ game season....

and it would surely be keeping the powder dry for a tough match against Leverkusen considering that game arrives prior to the St Mirren game.....

A long arduous campaign, where we have to win every match.  

I still don't get it.  The yahoos go for the kill but we sit on slender leads - to keep our powder dry?  They are already four goals ahead of us.

Edited by Gonzo79

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A long arduous campaign, where we have to win every match.  

I still don't get it.  The yahoos go for the kill but we sit on slender leads - to keep our powder dry?  They are already four goals ahead of us.

3 goals actually but this is after 1 game of a long campaign. A wee bit of an overreaction me thinks

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

My concerns are based on the entire period of Gerrard's tenure - not one match.  We have won no trophies and they have won the lot.

It is unfortunate that this is the case but we are still rebuilding after our return to the top tier.IMO we have a good pool of players now,thanks to our manager's reputation,and with one or two additions we have a good chance of success this season.

Remember the old adage "Rome wasn't built in a day" and when building the city there probably would not have been much managerial sackings,food for thought I think.

32 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

My concerns are based on the entire period of Gerrard's tenure - not one match.  We have won no trophies and they have won the lot.

No-one could argue with that but this a whole new campaign so hopefully SG and the squad will learn from past mistakes and sustain a challenge. We have a few "home" games coming up so we can start to be a bit more ruthless and get goals to boost our GD

47 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

3 goals actually but this is after 1 game of a long campaign. A wee bit of an overreaction me thinks

10 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No-one could argue with that but this a whole new campaign so hopefully SG and the squad will learn from past mistakes and sustain a challenge. We have a few "home" games coming up so we can start to be a bit more ruthless and get goals to boost our GD

We played Aberdeen away. They played Hamilton at home. We certainly have problems still to be solved but they won't be defined by what happened this weekend.