I'm unimpressed. Hamilton have the smallest budget in the league the sheep third largest. And is everyone forgetting we hammered the sheep 5-0 at Ibrox last season? It's the opening shots and we will have high scoring games at Ibrox against relegation candidate opposition.

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No-one could argue with that but this a whole new campaign so hopefully SG and the squad will learn from past mistakes and sustain a challenge. We have a few "home" games coming up so we can start to be a bit more ruthless and get goals to boost our GD

I hope so, but if you look at the record last year the number of goals conceded was identical but they scored 25 more than us, all be it, we had played one game less.  As Rangerrab and Gonzo1979 suggest we need to up our strike rate.

23 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Win by four or win by one...still gets you three.

That's very true but one problem with that is it leaves you open to a last minute sucker punch to drop 2 points. Just like the sheep yesterday the opposition will dig in like their lives depend on it even when 1-0 down then throw all caution to the wind in the last 5 minutes or so.

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Why do teams sit in against us yet open up against them? 

I don't know if they do since I rarely watch any of their games. I certainly suspect the sheep might but think that may be down to their imaginary rivalry with us.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That's very true but one problem with that is it leaves you open to a last minute sucker punch to drop 2 points. Just like the sheep yesterday the opposition will dig in like their lives depend on it even when 1-0 down then throw all caution to the wind in the last 5 minutes or so.

Well, if the opportunities do not present themselves you are left with what you have. We simply cannot score on a whim...very few teams can. If they are not opening up and they are attempting to get us from a set piece or on the counter...that is pretty much what we can expect.

Bro...be happy...we got through the first one with all three.

That's really all that matters.

I'd like us to be a team that can open up defences at will and be utterly clinical when scoring chances come along. When teams pack their defence I'd like a Rangers team that cuts through them like a hot knife through butter. I'd like to see us score no less than 5 goals in every game and win the league by 30 points. I'd like us to lift every trophy for the next 10 years. Sadly, we have neither the players nor the manager to make any of that happen. So until they ask me to run the club I'll go on doing what I've done for the last 50 years - hope for the best from the team we've got and that the referees don't hinder us too much.

It's always difficult to win up there but my main concern relates to our inability to kill teams off.  We were well on top for most of the first half.  The second half performance was poor.  

This season looks very much a 'more of the same'.

Watched the game on Saturday and we more or less  are playing the same system as last season,  it didn't work last season so what makes our manager think it's going to work this season .