The remarkable coefficient stat that no one is talking about

I'm definitely a glass half empty person but think our European form under Gerrard has been remarkable and has provided many memories, after the worst period in the club's history.

We lost 1-0 to a classy German outfit and the goal was terrific play (assist and finish).  

If you had told me we'd be beating Porto in 2019, in 2015, I'd have thought you were mad!

58 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Yet more glass half empty sounding,I for one am glad we done what have and remain glass half full and filling.

I just provided context to the numbers. 

30 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

No problem it just seems,the way that i read it,you were playing down our achievement so my apologies.

Gerrard's achievements in Europe are staggering. The team over achieved this season again and went out to a team we had no chance of competing with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/08/2020 at 15:56, Malangsob said:

I will tell you this. You can have a 25M run, but domestic cups, and titles are the ONLY thing that really matter. If Gerrard doesn't start winning those very quickly he will probably be seeking success in Europe with another team. 

Considering that our league is seen by many outside as Mickey Mouse, then European success gives us considerable kudos. This season though, I will agree that the title is paramount. For obvious reasons.

51 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Considering that our league is seen by many outside as Mickey Mouse, then European success gives us considerable kudos. This season though, I will agree that the title is paramount. For obvious reasons.

Yes indeed, going for 55.

6 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Now, I am not hatin on Gerrard...he has generated millions in Europe for the club...Good on him. 

However, no success at home, and his ass gets to steppin.  Domestic success trumps all. Rightfully so in my book.