[FT] Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 0 Rangers

We all know it's a very tall order indeed but I haven't given up all hope. I have a feeling we can score first and if that happens early then it's a different game. Put some doubt into Leverkusen heads.

There's no doubting the odds are against us. Possibly be the greatest Euro comeback in the clubs history if they can pull it off. I'm hopeful, looking to score first and early. Take it from there.

I'm looking to the Shakhtar v Wolfsburg result last night for inspiration. Shakhtar beat them 3-0 despite having an estimated market value only around 64% that of Wolfsburg. Get an early goal to unsettle them and see what happens from there.

It is what it is. We all know that on paper it's a mountain to climb. But stranger things have happened in football. The German sides haven't played any competitive football in a month. That can only help.

There are so many unknowns in this game. 

How will no crowd affect the teams? How will Leverkusen's layoff affect them? What is the belief in our team? Will the great Alfredo play?

I fear Leverkusen will score first and our play will fall apart. I dream of us taking it to extra time and me being a nervous wreck.

That was a great read...

On the game, we've got absolutely nothing to lose here. I hope we go there with our chest puffed out and just have a go. 

We know how to play away from home in Europe and although this is a top side, we can hurt them.

Have a go lads, stranger things have happened.

Quick look at Bayer's side:

Probable line-up (and their transfer fees in pound sterling - 81.18m)
Hradecky (free) - L. Bender (2.25m), Tapsoba (16.2m), S. Bender (11.25m), Sinkgraven (4.5m) - Aranguiz (11.7m), Baumgartlinger (3.6m) - Wirtz (180k), Havertz (free), Diaby (13.5m) - Volland (18m)

Subs (and fees - 77.85m):
Lomb (free), Özcan (now retired), Dragovic (16.2m), Tah (6.75m), Wendell (5.85m), Palacios (15.3m), Stanilewicz (free), Alario (21.6m), Bailey (12.15m)

Missing:
Amiri (Covid-19 quarantine), Bellarabi (muscle), Demirbay (3rd yellow card), Grill (not listed), Jedvaj (not listed), Paulinho (knee ligament), Pohjanpalo (not listed), Retsos (not listed), Weiser (3rd yellow card)

Possible suspensions:
Aranguiz (on 2 yellow cards), Bellarabi (on 2 yellow cards), Wendell (on 2 yellow cards)