Aberdeen and Celtic players break Covid quarantine rules

26 minutes ago, compo said:

Might as well halt the league now and award the title the the horrors and the cups as well .

I don't see the league being halted unless there's a return to full lockdown. Is that likely? What may happen if we don't see more care than these sheep exercised being applied is a clutch of postponed ties or if games go ahead clubs fielding greatly weakened teams.

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I always thought if a team had a certain number of players unavailable then they could have the game postponed 

That's what I thought too, but they've obviously changed it if one of the teams they need to play is Celtic.

34 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

That's what I thought too, but they've obviously changed it if one of the teams they need to play is Celtic.

A Covid19 outbreak within a city’s pubs leads to a lockdown.

A Covid19 outbreak in a football club in that city and the club is expected to continue playing matches throughout the rest of the country.

Something not quite right here.....

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't see the league being halted unless there's a return to full lockdown. Is that likely? What may happen if we don't see more care than these sheep exercised being applied is a clutch of postponed ties or if games go ahead clubs fielding greatly weakened teams.

A mass programme of sheep dipping is required 

Covid 19 is a stressful situation for all of us. Emotions are running high everywhere that you look.

It's easy to overreact to this latest development. An excessive knee jerk response would only harm Scottish football further.

That's why I think that Aberdeen should immediately be relegated to the S.P.F.L. League Two.

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye cos a fully fit Aberdeen squad always give the scum a game.

?

Didn't I post a thread about us taking the foot off the gas against a depleted Aberdeen team a few days ago?

A fully fit Aberdeen squad could be the difference between a 2-0 loss and a 7-0 loss.  And if we lose the league by a goal or two that makes ALL the difference - not sure which part of "losing the league on goal difference" you arent getting.....