[FT] Rangers 3 (Barisic 21; Kent 45+2; Aribo 49) - 0 St Johnstone

13 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You must just need something to moan about.

I don't think any of the four displayed a poor attitude.

Having watched the game on RTV last night, although the tempo dropped in the last half hour and the play became sloppy, I most certainly cannot lay the blame on the 4 players introduced at that stage. Arfield and Davis, in particular ,were neat and tidy in possession. Itten was lively enough and could have been awarded a penalty. Roofe is clearly way short of match fitness, but he has good feet and will clearly be an asset to our type of play. He was almost wiped out by their CB with a horrendous challenge but dusted himself down and got on with it. I saw no attitudinal problems at all. All 4 will play their part during a long season.

Poor choice of words on my part. I wasnt intending to infer the 4 were not trying, clearly they were, but the game died away with the changes we made and instead of racking up a few more goals, we really saw the game out, which disappointed me and I am sure quite a lot of fellow Bears as well.

I still put a lot of the dips in tempo down mainly to the empty stadiums and lack of atmosphere. This is something we have to find a way of overcoming. We are not the only side struggling to find a way round this of course, simply the only one I care about.

12 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I still put a lot of the dips in tempo down mainly to the empty stadiums and lack of atmosphere

The atmosphere at Ibrox is non-existent at the majority of home matches anyway.  I don't think the empty stadiums are having any impact at all on our performances  

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The atmosphere at Ibrox is non-existent at the majority of home matches anyway.  I don't think the empty stadiums are having any impact at all on our performances  

I still think Ibrox being empty helps against the small teams but would be a lost advantage in bigger games. And is a major lost advantage for our opponents away from home. 

Some of our players don’t cope well with the sighs, moans, groans and worse when they are struggling to break down a low block and making mistakes. 

39 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I still think Ibrox being empty helps against the small teams but would be a lost advantage in bigger games. And is a major lost advantage for our opponents away from home. 

Some of our players don’t cope well with the sighs, moans, groans and worse when they are struggling to break down a low block and making mistakes. 

I agree - I get the impression that it is helping us playing in front of empty stadia because of the lack of moans and groans from our fans.  Early doors but it seems that Celtic are the opposite (optimistic loyal).

And we hopefully will be back to fans in stadia by the time the first home OF rolls around too.....

I think the lack of fans may help the players while they are trying to break down defences. However, once we have scored, I wonder whether the lack of fans is a reason that we do not enforce our superiority. If you are a couple of goals up, there is a greater opportunity to entertain, to try some fancy stuff. Without fans, it's a matter of seeing out the game. Wednesday was a case in point. Once we were 3 up and the subs were brought on, it became like a practice match. We were happy to play it around without forcing ourselves forward. St Johnstone were happy to keep it at 3 and so the match dwindled out.