Scotland officially in recession after huge GDP fall

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

If the Conservatives had had the balls to talk about the SNP like this then Sturgeon wouldn’t be FM today. Instead, they were so generally disinterested that they put up Jackson Carlaw. 

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

At least his wind is blowing in the right direction.

I suppose so, but how did we get to the situation where we are thankful that GG is taking up our position? 

Where are the real leaders that can put the yahoos in their place and turn those who flip flop back behind the Union? 

23 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I suppose so, but how did we get to the situation where we are thankful that GG is taking up our position? 

Where are the real leaders that can put the yahoos in their place and turn those who flip flop back behind the Union? 

What real leaders? Do you really think there are real leaders waiting in the wings? Name one - I can't. I don't particularly like Galloway but in the matter of Scottish separatism versus maintaining the Union, he's the best voice we have. All the analysis and soul searching in the world about how we got here won't change anything. What happens from now on might.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

What real leaders? Do you really think there are real leaders waiting in the wings? Name one - I can't. I don't particularly like Galloway but in the matter of Scottish separatism versus maintaining the Union, he's the best voice we have. All the analysis and soul searching in the world about how we got here won't change anything. What happens from now on might.

Exactly, that was my point, we haven't any, but sure as shit need one that is not the whinny Lib/Lab/Con offering. Still not sure GG fits the bill to unite numbers behind him. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Exactly, that was my point, we haven't any, but sure as shit need one that is not the whinny Lib/Lab/Con offering. Still not sure GG fits the bill to unite numbers behind him. 

If there was one decent politician in Scotland, Sturgeon wouldn't be an MSP, let alone First Minister. There are none. The political system is now irreversibly designed to exclude credible and able people from succeeding. The SNP has flourished in a vacuum of mediocrity, which has probably been the defining characteristic of Scotland for at least the last 30 years. In that context it would be churlish to turn up your nose at Galloway or anyone with an ounce of gravitas. Beggars generally make very poor choosers.