[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 50, Kent 77) - 0 Kilmarnock

International breaks - arrggghhh hate them. Even when Rangers are playing poorly I would rather watch us than any international games.

Maybe we'll see a change of formation tomorrow then - OK I know i have taken that too far!

Edited by Whosthedado
spelling

Killie will be tough to break down but are unlikely to be anywhere near as defensive as Livi were.

That should give us a bit more space to operate in so up to our attacking players to take advantage.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, it is more about tactics than the odd individual player. And has been for quite some time.

I reckon Killie will be similar to St. Johnstone, defending deep but having a couple or more waiting for the counter. As I cannot see us going without either of the fullbacks, you would hope that the JacKamara becomes a Jack or Kamara and we play Itten and or Roofe from the start alongside Morelos, who also looks somewhat undroppable.

^^^^^^

THIS.

Every time Killie hove on to the horizon, we have the same discussion. I will make my usual contribution, because I believe we continue to make the same mistakes. The key to Killie is their powerhouse midfield trio. Both Dicker and Power sit in front of the central defenders. They are hard working, tough tackling, destroyers of forward momentum. They enjoy a third midfielder in the same vein(Tshibola so far this season), just forward and to their middle. This triangle allows penetration down either side towards the corner flags. Try playing through them, and the tough tackling begins.

The path of least resistance is on the flanks, once you are down in the corners, the Killie full backs and whoever covers either flank further forward ie Burke and Brophy crowd you, allowing recirculation back across the midfield trio. This provides opportunity for interception and quick counter attack. We need players to go in and mix it, win the free kicks or turn them, inviting even more desperate tackles. How many times have we gone one up against Killie, then created three/four/five further chances to increase our lead, but fail to do so? In the last 15-20 minutes, the midfield trio step further forward, 20 yards or so; and the ball is intercepted more frequently, the ball begins to fizz across our box equally frequently.

I think in Gerrard's tenure, Killie have taken more points off us than any other club? There is a trend there, and tomorrow will be no different.

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Every time Killie hove on to the horizon, we have the same discussion. I will make my usual contribution, because I believe we continue to make the same mistakes. The key to Killie is their powerhouse midfield trio. Both Dicker and Power sit in front of the central defenders. They are hard working, tough tackling, destroyers of forward momentum. They enjoy a third midfielder in the same vein(Tshibola so far this season), just forward and to their middle. This triangle allows penetration down either side towards the corner flags. Try playing through them, and the tough tackling begins.

The path of least resistance is on the flanks, once you are down in the corners, the Killie full backs and whoever covers either flank further forward ie Burke and Brophy crowd you, allowing recirculation back across the midfield trio. This provides opportunity for interception and quick counter attack. We need players to go in and mix it, win the free kicks or turn them, inviting even more desperate tackles. How many times have we gone one up against Killie, then created three/four/five further chances to increase our lead, but fail to do so? In the last 15-20 minutes, the midfield trio step further forward, 20 yards or so; and the ball is intercepted more frequently, the ball begins to fizz across our box equally frequently.

I think in Gerrard's tenure, Killie have taken more points off us than any other club? There is a trend there, and tomorrow will be no different.

We should have taken advice from Connah's Quay - they had them sussed!