[FT] Rangers 2 (Roofe 50, Kent 77) - 0 Kilmarnock

2 hours ago, RabiDuck said:

Awww :( 83 minutes, I was getting hopeful!

I had a friend over so put their game ok in the background whilst we chatted.

They were lucky.  They’re pish 

Have to be content with it overall despite the first half struggle to break down the now standard human walls of Scottish football. I was happy to see what looked like a lot more urgency right from the off when they came out after halftime. Instead of waiting till the final 5 minutes like they did last week.

In Gerrard's post match interview he said "I had a little small pop at them at halftime", said with a little smile on his face. If that's what it takes then that's what it takes. I'm just happy he can get another gear out of them in any manner. 

In the Roofe post match interview he was asked "what was the managers message at halfime", to which he replied with "erm, I can't go into detail", which had me thinking yeah I bet you can't, because it was littered with F bombs.

Roofe can become a goal machine when he gets up to speed. Itten needs one to get the confidence levels up. Not that I actually want to but it looks like we can live without Alfie. And if he stays he now knows he can be entirely dropped from the team sheet on match day. If he wants to get his big move he needs to start producing the goods as consistently as we know he can.

Nothing more need be said about the defence, They're looking impenetrable and the squad is littered with quality reliable options for the crucial central pairing. Barisic is superb in his attacking mode.

Still missing Aribo. With Kent coming on to a game a fit Aribo/Kent duo can shred any opposition. I'm hopeful. I saw the yahoo v DU game. They're no better than us at best.  

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Have to be content with it overall despite the first half struggle to break down the now standard human walls of Scottish football. I was happy to see what looked like a lot more urgency right from the off when they came out after halftime. Instead of waiting till the final 5 minutes like they did last week.

In Gerrard's post match interview he said "I had a little small pop at them at halftime", said with a little smile on his face. If that's what it takes then that's what it takes. I'm just happy he can get another gear out of them in any manner. 

In the Roofe post match interview he was asked "what was the managers message at halfime", to which he replied with "erm, I can't go into detail", which had me thinking yeah I bet you can't, because it was littered with F bombs.

Roofe can become a goal machine when he gets up to speed. Itten needs one to get the confidence levels up. Not that I actually want to but it looks like we can live without Alfie. And if he stays he now knows he can be entirely dropped from the team sheet on match day. If he wants to get his big move he needs to start producing the goods as consistently as we know he can.

Nothing more need be said about the defence, They're looking impenetrable and the squad is littered with quality reliable options for the crucial central pairing. Barisic is superb in his attacking mode.

Still missing Aribo. With Kent coming on to a game a fit Aribo/Kent duo can shred any opposition. I'm hopeful. I saw the yahoo v DU game. They're no better than us at best.  

I wonder if he had received any advice on how to achieve another gear?

1 hour ago, barca72 said:

I wonder if he had received any advice on how to achieve another gear?

Who knows. But i'm sure Mr Smith could provide sound advice on the tactical use of F bombing and arse kicking.