Separate Entity FC OOT!

Much as we like to focus on ourselves, this is one result we can’t ignore every season. Champions League group money pretty much guarantees dominance domestically. Three seasons in a row they have messed this up now and they’ve given us a real chance of levelling things up. We have a shot at the Champions League ourselves next season too, and whatever anyone says about Gerrard his specialty is Europe. I’ve said for some time that the one way to truly overtake Celtic is to make the Champions League group stage or to make huge player sales. Finance is everything unfortunately. 

Edited by DMAA

32 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Much as we like to focus on ourselves, this is one result we can’t ignore every season. Champions League group money pretty much guarantees dominance domestically. Three seasons in a row they have messed this up now and they’ve given us a real chance of levelling things up. We have a shot at the Champions League ourselves next season too, and whatever anyone says about Gerrard his specialty is Europe. I’ve said for some time that the one way to truly overtake Celtic is to make the Champions League group stage or to make huge player sales. Finance is everything unfortunately. 

Champions league is and always has been my hope for the club. I think we could be looking at a minimum £50 million plus for even a  mediocre campaign in the group stage. And that wouldn't involve any detriment to the team. If we can do that while they failed again we could be back on even par at worst. While they may be hitting a stage where the wage bill is becoming a burden.

18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Champions league is and always has been my hope for the club. I think we could be looking at a minimum £50 million plus for even a  mediocre campaign in the group stage. And that wouldn't involve any detriment to the team. If we can do that while they failed again we could be back on even par at worst. While they may be hitting a stage where the wage bill is becoming a burden.

Of course it’s the preference but our fans need to get away from the idea that our best players are pretty much never for sale. Using the transfer market to our advantage is a way of progressing the club like clubs across the continent have done for a while. 

It's amusing how Lennon says that it's his fault and to blame him and then he goes on to say that the second goal was a defensive error, the forwards were to blame more than the defence and that there are some that were playing who don't want to be at the club and should leave.

Way to take responsibility, ya smelly, bigoted rat!

26 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's amusing how Lennon says that it's his fault and to blame him and then he goes on to say that the second goal was a defensive error, the forwards were to blame more than the defence and that there are some that were playing who don't want to be at the club and should leave.

Way to take responsibility, ya smelly, bigoted rat!

How long until they blame the SPFL for awarding them the most tainted of all tainted titles, exposing them to further European embarrassment?