[FT] Hamilton Acas 0 - 2 Rangers (Hagi 15; Tavernier 20)

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I would think when you have two good experienced goalkeepers they can rotate fairly easy?

Don't like seeing keepers being rotated but we certainly have 2 really really good keepers now. 

1 minute ago, blueflag said:

My comments on Barker were directed purley at the player. He has done nothing in any game. The others all have.  Even roofe scored an important goal last week.

He did well last week, so I think Barker merited a start today, unfortunately he had little impact.

Just now, CammyF said:

Don't like seeing keepers being rotated but we certainly have 2 really really good keepers now. 

I think keepers are the easiest position to do that with little disruption to the team, especially when both are confident and experienced

9 minutes ago, blueflag said:

Well , actually first half i thought we looked deadly. I think we shoulda been even more infront at half time.

First 5 mins of 2nd half seemed positive but then it just kinda fell flat on its face.

I never said my feelings on any of the other players you mention.

My comments on Barker were directed purley at the player. He has done nothing in any game. The others all have.  Even roofe scored an important goal last week.

The player that the manager has constantly praised for his attitude and play in training? He has hardly had a sniff so don't know how you can judge him so harshly.

He was decent last week and far from the worst player this week. Appears Brandon Barker is the latest in a long line of whipping boys. Why we have to have a whipping boy continues to baffle me. 

Edited by CammyF

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The player that the manager has constantly praised for his attitude and play in training? He has hardly had a sniff so don't know how you can judge him so harshly.

He was decent last week and far from the worst player this week. Appears Brandon Barker is the latest in a long line of whipping boys. Why we have to have a whipping boy continues to baffle me. 

There was the breakaway around 60 minutes where the ball was played to Kent rather than Barker. Barker had (deliberately?) ran offside then jogged while Kent was running up the park. He looked like he was hiding and didn't want the ball played to him. Unforgivable. 

Good to get another victory and another clean sheet.  

Roofe looks like he needs to sharpen up a bit (unsurprisingly), the defence look very solid and great to see Hagi score.  We should have scored more.

On the Barker issue, I don't think he looks good enough to be a Rangers player - he has great pace but not much else.

Edited by Gonzo79

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

There was the breakaway around 60 minutes where the ball was played to Kent rather than Barker. Barker had (deliberately?) ran offside then jogged while Kent was running up the park. He looked like he was hiding and didn't want the ball played to him. Unforgivable. 

I'll have to watch that incident again as when I seen it, I thought Barker was impeded as he tried to get forward. 

Still think he wasn't our worst performer today. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think Tavernier has been that great this season. 

Not bad, per se, but nothing has really worked for him. 

Hopefully, like Hagi, he takes confidence from his goal.

Doesn't he have 3 or 4 assists already and hasn't conceded a goal?

26 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Appears Brandon Barker is the latest in a long line of whipping boys. Why we have to have a whipping boy continues to baffle me. 

Well done for saying what often needs saying. I've no idea what Barker is receiving this treatment when others are automatically excused worse performances. I'd like to see where he is after a run of six or more starts.