He only seems to perform when things are scripted and he can rehearse.   Anything off the cuff and he really seems to struggle cognitatively.

Its crazy that a nation of over 300m seems to arrive at two men in their 70s as the candidates.  

3 hours ago, compo said:

I suspect it's a cunning plan by the Democrats get old Joe elected he doesn't have much life in him so when he turns his toes up America will have their first female president and another black one the lefties and liberals will be doing cartwheels. 

There’s only one problem with their cunning plan... similar to 2016.... they underestimate the Trump core.

Its probably even worse now as Biden comes across as having serious recall issues.  

I do think you’re right in that, by hook or by crook, the Dems seem to want a female Pres.  should have just gone with Michelle Obama as she’d probably sweep the floor with Trump.

13 minutes ago, craig said:

There’s only one problem with their cunning plan... similar to 2016.... they underestimate the Trump core.

Its probably even worse now as Biden comes across as having serious recall issues.  

I do think you’re right in that, by hook or by crook, the Dems seem to want a female Pres.  should have just gone with Michelle Obama as she’d probably sweep the floor with Trump.

Michelle Obama apparently hates politics, albeit you wouldnt know from her polished and effective speech at the DNC

The Trump base is a curious beast, but the polling seems to suggest the swing voters are moving away from him.   

Still 60+ days left and a lot could happen though.

I do wonder if there is to be a Tara Reid related bombshell/revelation that is being lined up to hit Biden's campaign soon.

19 hours ago, stewarty said:

Michelle Obama apparently hates politics, albeit you wouldnt know from her polished and effective speech at the DNC

The Trump base is a curious beast, but the polling seems to suggest the swing voters are moving away from him.   

Still 60+ days left and a lot could happen though.

I do wonder if there is to be a Tara Reid related bombshell/revelation that is being lined up to hit Biden's campaign soon.

Not so sure about the swing voters moving away from him.  In all 6 swing states the race is still very, very tight with, as of last week Trump leading in one (another poll has Biden leading that state) and Biden in 5 - but Biden's lead in those 5 is 3 or less in 3 of them and he is leading by 5 and 6 points in the other 2.

Some of the current stats are interesting, to me at least :

Wisconsin -  Biden is leading the polls there by 5.... in 2016 Clinton was leading their exit polls by 6.5 - so a slightly healthier lead than Biden currently has.... and yet Trump took that State by 0.7.

Pennsylvania - exit polls had Clinton leading, on average, by 2 (but this was suppressed by one poll getting it "right" by having Trump win - the average excluding Trump's forecast vote was Clinton by 4) - currently Biden has that state by 3

Arizona - Trump led in all exit polls, by an average of 4 and won by 3.5.  Currently Biden is leading by 2.  Is this indicative of where the polling will go ?

Florida - Closest state in 2016 for swing states..... Trump had an average lead of 0.2, won it by 1.2 - but 4 of 7 states had Clinton winning it by 1 or 2, with one calling it a tie.  Currently Biden is winning by 3.

Michigan - Clinton had an average lead of 3.4, with most polls giving her a 5 point advantage whilst Trump won it by 0.3.  Biden is currently up by 6 - should win this one.  But those Clinton 5 point leads suggests there's a long way to go in the process.  Interestingly though, another poll came out 2 days later and has Trump leading by 2 (guess which one was a Dem poll and which one a GOP....)

North Carolina -  Had Trump by 1 in 2016 and currently Biden has a 1 point advantage.  Trump won by 3.7 so if the polls are getting it wrong by a similar number then Trump actually wins again.  An East Carolina University poll released yesterday currently has Trump winning by 2

I guess the one big question to as is whether the pollsters have made whatever corrections needed to be made given how wrong they got it in 2016.

The key to the Dems winning is probably keeping Biden away from direct debate with Trump and having him read from prepared scripts and not straying.  Will the American voting populace see through that ?

There is a long way to go in this race and Trump may be behind but I saw a US news segment the other week that spoke of how far behind they had him 4 years ago as well.  One thing Trump's campaign did very well last time out was they had their finger on the pulse of what the American people wanted to hear.  The issue for the Trump team is that this time round the campaign managers are completely different given how many people he has gotten rid of - do they still have their finger on the pulse ?

The Democrats, for me, seem to not have a clue what the American people want to hear - they seem to stumble from crisis to crisis and untrusted candidate to untrusted candidate.

Hate Trump as much as people like but he has actually made the American economy one of strength and has definitely tried to re-balance trade tariffs with other countries, which helps US products become more competitive internally.  The stock markets love him.  If the Dems win strap in because the markets and, by extension, our pension funds will be in for a roller coaster.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Hate Trump as much as people like but he has actually made the American economy one of strength and has definitely tried to re-balance trade tariffs with other countries, which helps US products become more competitive internally. 

Neither of those premise are accurate. Trump inherited a a strong economy he didn't create one. And has conducted a witless losing trade war with China that's been detrimental for American farmers and steel workers. Both articles from PolitiFact.

No, the economy didn't suddenly get strong under Donald Trump

Did Donald Trump lose a trade war he started, as Joe Biden says?