10 hours ago, Bill said:

If the working class is so concerned about itself, why doesn’t it elect one of its own to represent them, instead of the self-serving rich mob like Blair who make up the Labour Party. 

First they need one of their own to climb the greasy pole in party politics to be in with a shot - they don't have the luxury of mummy and daddies bank account to sustain them while on the way up. 

Instead we get these faux working class wanabies like Angela Rayner trying to talk the talk and walk the walk with comic results.

When was the last individual from a truly working class background who went on to lead one of the main 3 parties? I'm not sure of the answer but would plump for Neil Kinnock - so maybe it's not such a good idea :) 

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

First they need one of their own to climb the greasy pole in party politics to be in with a shot - they don't have the luxury of mummy and daddies bank account to sustain them while on the way up. 

Instead we get these faux working class wanabies like Angela Rayner trying to talk the talk and walk the walk with comic results.

When was the last individual from a truly working class background who went on to lead one of the main 3 parties? I'm not sure of the answer but would plump for Neil Kinnock - so maybe it's not such a good idea :) 

I’m not sure what “truly” working class means but it was probably John Major who came closer than anyone

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

working class wanabies like Angela Rayner

For Rayner to enter the working class as it used to be known would be a big step up.

It seems that her childhood was difficult through no fault of her own but that doesn’t excuse bad behaviour at her age and in her position.

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Returning to the Blair stamp duty scandal, what they did isn’t uncommon.

I certainly don't blame anyone for avoiding taxes but it's just another bit of evidence in the 'Tony Blair should not be given any more exposure' case.

I gave the Blairs a free hit but on reflection, while there is nothing wrong in what they did, it ill behoves you if, like Mrs B, you spend a lot of time yakking about the iniquities of capitalism and tax avoidance.

4 hours ago, compo said:

It's every man's duty to avoid paying taxes 

Correct. Unfortunately there are some people who think that other people should pay more taxes and that giving money to governments is a good idea.