22 hours ago, Scott7 said:

For Rayner to enter the working class as it used to be known would be a big step up.

It seems that her childhood was difficult through no fault of her own but that doesn’t excuse bad behaviour at her age and in her position.

Rayner is a typical careerist I'm afraid. She's not that well-educated politically so will jump at the first person who gives her a jump up the career ladder.

• 2 months later...

I see Blair is to be awarded a Knighthood (and Starmer agrees with this).

That's one way to diminish this honour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59866084

"More than 500,000 people have signed a petition calling for former Prime Minister Sir Tony Blair to have his knighthood removed.

The Labour politician, who was in power from 1997 to 2007, received the accolade in the New Year Honours List."

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

"More than 500,000 people have signed a petition calling for former Prime Minister Sir Tony Blair to have his knighthood removed.

The Labour politician, who was in power from 1997 to 2007, received the accolade in the New Year Honours List."

These stupid awards like the monarchy should be abolished 

On 05/10/2021 at 11:19, alexscottislegend said:

None of us like it but how will the police, fire and key health workers be funded if not via tax collection?

I’ll happily pay tax for public services on the basis it’s strictly local and I can vote for who runs each service and how the money is used. Otherwise only a fool would willingly pay taxes when utterly dislocated from its use. 

3 hours ago, compo said:

These stupid awards like the monarchy should be abolished 

I can see the constitutional point of the monarchy but why we need a second chamber of parliament at all is a mystery. As for knighthoods etc … complete bollocks. 

12 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I signed it on principle, but it is a closed shop. I doubt you will see many MPs of any party criticise the award.