Supporter's report of Castore meeting

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

St Enoch Square isn't a Castore/Rangers shop - its the store established by Elite, who are now in bed with Sports Direct.   They're trying to bounce all of their old stock.  

Surely its either a rangers shop or it isn't if not why are they using the rangers name 

3 hours ago, compo said:

My son took a walk into the Sai t Enoch square shop the other day none of the new kit is in the store not even one bit of it on show it's all last year's Hummel kit now imagine if fans were allowed to attend we would be missing out on a fair penny what with the subway to Ibrox next door .

3 hours ago, stewarty said:

St Enoch Square isn't a Castore/Rangers shop - its the store established by Elite, who are now in bed with Sports Direct.   They're trying to bounce all of their old stock.  

Pretty sure this has been explained to compo already.

We can only hope that the message lands this time.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Week after week, month after month, the only place that have a home shirt in my size (Medium) are Mike Ashley’s shops; SD and House of Fraser. We are Castore’s guinea pigs and it has been a disaster so far. 

Really?

3 percent returns and mostly due to sizing, no?

How many strips made it to customers successfully?

The problems are real. Maybe this is another vocal online minority skewing perceptions though.

5 hours ago, DMAA said:

Week after week, month after month, the only place that have a home shirt in my size (Medium) are Mike Ashley’s shops; SD and House of Fraser. We are Castore’s guinea pigs and it has been a disaster so far. 

Maybe the jerseys with 'Kent' on the back were just sold out?

9 hours ago, craig said:
16 hours ago, Malangsob said:

How on earth do you do a market assessment on a club fanbase that is fractured and cant decide if it should buy gear or not ?

Seriously?

https://www.sas.com/en_us/insights/marketing/customer-analytics.html

Wanting to know...is the way forward. It is apparent that both Hummel, and Castore did not.

9 hours ago, craig said:

And then consider that there were boycotts called for where some did and some didn’t ?  And given  we had Hummel where it was supposed to be a break from Ashley so some bought..... then found out Ashley was still in the thick of things....

No offense Graigarino, but that's all horseshit and conjecture. EITHER WAY, that is why you take the time  to utilize a SAS suite (or comparable modeling software) and perform the market analytics yourself...or pay a firm to do it for you.

Yes...ANY market can be analyzed...even the deepest, darkest  depths of the Glaswegian wilds.

However, to steal an apt isles phrase; Castore, couldn't be arsed...and it's obvious.

9 hours ago, craig said:

Given ALL those variables I’m interested to know just how you “screw this chicken” (whatever the fuck that even means) to work out likely demand for our kit ?

Just how would they go about working out “effective, accurate measures for their market” given all of the variable factors I mentioned ?

The Information Age means shit when you don’t have a constant.  And in the last 7 years the only constant about Rangers is inconstant.

Yeah...refer above. 

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Really?

3 percent returns and mostly due to sizing, no?

How many strips made it to customers successfully?

The problems are real. Maybe this is another vocal online minority skewing perceptions though.

I have followed the threads on Follow Follow and the sheer volume of complaints is hard to argue with. And it is from reputable people on the forum too including the admins, some of whom bought the most expensive gear on the website and still had to return it all due to quality issues. I am a bit skeptical of the 3% figure to be honest.

The biggest complaint I have is stock. Every time I check, they don't have anything in stock that wouldn't fit the incredible hulk, unless you buy from Ashley. Celtic on the other hand have everything in stock all the way from infants to adults in their own online shop as well as JD Sports. The stock issue will cost the club and Celtic will make very good money out of the service they are getting from Adidas. The appetite for the new kits wanes quickly as the season goes on.

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I have followed the threads on Follow Follow and the sheer volume of complaints is hard to argue with. And it is from reputable people on the forum too including the admins, some of whom bought the most expensive gear on the website and still had to return it all due to quality issues. I am a bit skeptical of the 3% figure to be honest.

The biggest complaint I have is stock. Every time I check, they don't have anything in stock that wouldn't fit the incredible hulk, unless you buy from Ashley. Celtic on the other hand have everything in stock all the way from infants to adults in their own online shop as well as JD Sports. The stock issue will cost the club and Celtic will make very good money out of the service they are getting from Adidas. The appetite for the new kits wanes quickly as the season goes on.

What are you doing looking at Celtic stock?

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Jesus wept.