Supporter's report of Castore meeting

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

About as well as the current and previous provider can...more than supply. Which is about the same answer...if we are all completely transparent on the topic...that you would receive from them. Why...because no one (and it's pretty fkn obvious) did ANNNNNNYYYY market research. 

Stupid is...as stupid does. 

Can anybody parse this?

11 minutes ago, craig said:

Any market assessment of Rangers kit sales int he last half dozen years would have been absolutely pointless.  Everyone knew we were being financially abused by Mike Ashley and Sports Direct so boycott's were abound.

This is a sensible comment.

A stark contrast to other contributions.

Just now, craig said:

I have no issue with them having obstacles to overcome.  I personally was like "disappointed to not get the top before I go back to Bermuda but it is what it is and is a sign that they are selling tons of these - all of which is GOOD for the club".  Where I DO, however, have an issue, is if they tell lies or mistruths.  Now, admittedly, I am just one person so my email may simply have slipped through the cracks.  But their customer service HAS to be better

I think they are enjoying a bit of a honeymoon period,  due to our desire to support our club and belief that the Castore venture will return much missed revenue .

Personally I don't buy the 3 months to prepare fib, the agreement was made a lot longer ago than that but secretly for contractual reasons, sales and demand numbers were available from last season's launch so they should have had little surprises in terms of stock requirements. 

They obviously lied regarding the 2 shirt quality issues and the school sweatshirt was scandalous. The leisure range is way overpriced   cotton printed tee at 35 quid is nearly double the equivalent from our rivals, so for me lots to improve on and not very impressed by any aspect the kit providers performance so far. 

31 minutes ago, craig said:

Because financially the deal was likely to be superior with Castore.  I have little issue with that decision.  They did, however, under-estimate the demand

Won’t be superior if Castore can’t deliver. And I don’t buy the under-estimate excuse. Once SD were gone the demand was always going to return  

32 minutes ago, craig said:

Any market assessment of Rangers kit sales int he last half dozen years would have been absolutely pointless.  Everyone knew we were being financially abused by Mike Ashley and Sports Direct so boycott's were abound.

Nah...there is more than one way to screw this chicken Craig.

Market queries can be designed in any way the pollster chooses. If a company wishes to gather effective, accurate measures for their market...they most certainly can. This is the information age....and yes, it can be cost effective to boot even utilizing multiple methods. 

40 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can anybody parse this?

I'll 'parse' it for ya mate. No one does their homework. They would rather shoot from the hip. Why? They already have the contract. However, they are consistently incorrect when it comes to Rangers supporters. 

Not rocket surgery hoss. 

2 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I'll 'parse' it for ya mate. No one does their homework. They would rather shoot from the hip. Why? They already have the contract. However, they are consistently incorrect when it comes to Rangers supporters. 

Not rocket surgery hoss. 

I don't think you have done your homework on recent years of strip sales.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't think you have done your homework on recent years of strip sales.

Well help a ninja out. Where are those data tables? Anywho...I can only go by what I have read over the past THREE seasons.

"Another Rangers kit launch, and yet another Rangers’ kit shortage.
For the second year on the bounce, Rangers and Hummel have not been able to manufacture enough kits the first-time round to satisfy demand. And Rangers fans really love this new home kit.
The club’s online store has sold-out, with only a select number of kits available from the Glasgow and Belfast stores. How can they have got it so wrong two years in a row?"

https://www.rangersnews.uk/club-news/how-have-rangers-and-hummel-got-this-so-wrong-again/   2019

Edited by Malangsob

6 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Won’t be superior if Castore can’t deliver. And I don’t buy the under-estimate excuse. Once SD were gone the demand was always going to return  

There are financial guarantees with Castore that may not have been there with PUMA.  Neither of us know for sure.  But the club is highly unlikely to take a deal that isn’t the most financially rewarding to the club.

And the deal will still be superior because our fans buy no matter what..... MikeAshley withstanding.