[FT] Rangers 4 (Kent 13; Tavernier 39; Roofe 68; Arfield 87) - 0 Dundee Utd

I’m only going on the sportscene highlights unfortunately but it is another good win. We should be beating a side like that by a good bit more but ultimately we have to be happy with that result. Very pleasing to see subs make such an impact too and I'm particularly pleased for Arfield who showed he has still has plenty to offer. 

Dundee United were exactly as expected, for too soft to hold us off but it was interesting to see that they got our possession down to 61%, which is actually low for a game like that at Ibrox. Did Bolton on the right wing cause any problems on the counter attack? I saw he got Barisic carded but that was all that was shown on the highlights. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I’m only going on the sportscene highlights unfortunately but it is another good win. We should be beating a side like that by a good bit more but ultimately we have to be happy with that result. Very pleasing to see subs make such an impact too and I'm particularly pleased for Arfield who showed he has still has plenty to offer. 

Dundee United were exactly as expected, for too soft to hold us off but it was interesting to see that they got our possession down to 61%, which is actually low for a game like that at Ibrox. Did Bolton on the right wing cause any problems on the counter attack? I saw he got Barisic carded but that was all that was shown on the highlights. 

The youtube channell of the SPFL have highlights up rather quick, usually 5 to 8 mins, depending on the action. And without any commentators babbling along ...

BTW, the tackle on Morelos in slow mo et al ...

... and it essentially boils down to the "agility" of an average Scottish centre-half and Morelos running into that - like it or not - clear clearance, Not even sure whether the defender could have stopped the movement, going by his body angle. Just saying ... and as SG rightly points out, you wonder what would have happened if the roles were reversed.

Haven’t managed to comment on the game yet, so wanted to say I thought we were excellent in the second half on Saturday, and pretty decent on totally in control in first half. 

Some great well worked goals, much quicker passing and better off the ball movement made a huge difference to our tempo and creative ability. Davis was outstanding and is what we need in there and with Kamara replacing Jack early on he really took his chance to shine. Kent again looked more direct and scored again, Hagi’s pass for the opener was beautiful and Kent’s drop of the shoulder to create space and ensure the defender needed to buy a ticket to get back in was top class. There were no sub-par performances throughout the team on Saturday and it’s very rare for fans of any team to be able to say that.

Of course we don’t get to congratulate ourselves for long, with the reasonably simple trip (surely!)to Gibraltar followed by our first real tough match (we don’t really count Dolly now do we?!) of the season at Easter Road, always a difficult venue and with Hibs flying right now it’s a very tasty matchup. 

Davis MOTM for me, at his best he is top quality and it showed. His problem has always been consistency so hopefully he can string a few of those performances together now, he was a joy to watch, and we must have Kamara and Jack given copies of that performance and told this is what we want from you, this is the standard. If either produces 90% of that in future matches I will be very happy and Rangers will win.