Premier League 2020/21

9 hours ago, compo said:

Lampard to renew his rivalry with Stevie when he gets sacked later today 

Odds on. I hear Peter has lined up £150 million transfer fund for Frank's rebuilding. That won't include a centre back or goalkeeper however, as Frank is happy to stick with Duffy & Barkas.?

12 hours ago, Gribz said:

True - it wont happen under Ashley but it was mentioned Rafa has unfinished business there. If a takeover went through and he was given a tidy transfer fund then Newcastle would be comfortable top 8 and I think would eventually win a cup. I really rate Benitez and was screaming for West Ham to go for him before Moyes. There is some good names available on free's right now - Benitez, Allegri and Tuchel.

Absolutely correct @Gribz That's exactly what I meant but did not phrase it as well. He will be back in a heartbeat if the regime there changes. Steve Bruce gets quite a bit of sympathy on this thread, but as I said before, he is universally disliked both for his tactics and of course he was Sunderland manager between 2009 - 11. ? I think he'll be gone soon if they drop any nearer the relegation places.

Todays games 

Newcastle 0 Leeds 2

Palace 1 Hammers 1

Southampton 2 Arsenal0  

WBA 1 City 4

Burnley 1 Villa 2

Chelsea 2 Wolves 3

BHA 2 Fulham 0

Toffees 2 Leicester 0

United 2 Sheffield 1

Spurs 1 scousers 0

Edited by compo

Full midweek card. All the more chances to get it wrong

Palace 1-2 Hammers

Newcastle 0-2 Leeds

So’ton 1-2 Arsenal

West Brom 0-3 City

Burnley 1-1 Aston Villa

Chelsea 2-1 Wolves

BHA 2-0 Fulham

Everton 0-2 Leicester

United 4-0 Blades

Hotspur 2-1 L’pool

Moyes has West Ham flying at the moment. Soucek has been an absolute steal and young Bowen and Benrahma from Norwich and Brentford respectively have taken the league like ducks to water.

Im not sure why Moyes is in for Lingard, he would need to get his form back from 3-4 years ago before getting in the XI.

1 key reason why West Ham are playing better is dropping Noble to the bench - he has been massive for the club but his style on the ball was slowing things down and keeping a No.10 out the team.

I had 1-2 win on predictions but 2-3 will do yet it should have been about 1-6. Antonio could have had 4.

More problems for Newcastle and Steve Bruce, that is a club on the ice slide and depending on Fulhams results will see Newcastle right in the relegation fight.

Good win for Arsenal. Southampton started better and barring a few misplaced passes in the final third early on could have been well in front. But Saka is some talent and then ran the show.

Battle of the clarets was game of the night. Great win for Burnley who are on the way up.

Man Utd brought back down to earth but nobody would have seen that defeat coming. City could pull away from the pack now.

Over to Spurs v Liverpool Thurs night - winners go 4th.