Premier League 2020/21

19 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Strange season.
City looked out of it at one stage.

Liverpool third. How did they get up there?

United - never write them off, more’s the pity.

’Spurs like a flickering candle.

Everton not even flattering to deceive.

Arsenal, mid table obscurity.

Chelsea, Tuchel may not look like one but they got a Fairy Godmother when they heaved poor old Frank.

Next season.
Look what’s coming up. Norwich and Watford. Not them again. Brentford might be interesting if they can make it.

Full table with comments:

1 Man City - Success and will be ultra success if they land the CL to make it a treble. As mentioned, poor start but once they got going they were awesome.

2 Man Utd - Id say successful, OGS was tipped for the sack and if they land the Europa its a great campaign. Still 3 big players away from challenging.

3 Liverpool - Up and down. Started well and were top in December but then had an abnormal 6 home defeats. How they got third is bizarre. Poor campaign from defending champions.

4 Chelsea - Obviously too slow a start from Lampard, Tuchel came in and they stormed up the league. Honeymoon period is over though but a CL win would look good.

5 Leicester - One result Leicester 2-4 Newcastle and they would have been CL. Home form wasnt great and to slip out 2 seasons in a row must be hard to take. Great FA cup win but I think that papers over the league campaign.

6 West Ham - Fantastic campaign and barring a few slip ups (Arsenal at home, Newcastle away) would have made top four. Certain entertaining to watch. Squad needs to be bigger though especially with Europa. Moyes has redeemed himself this year.

7 Tottenham - Glad they got rid of dour Mourinho but always the bridesmaids and never the bride again for Spurs. Huge summer coming up with a manager they need to get right and with Kane going where do the goals come from.

8 Arsenal - How did they even get 8th. Really poor season, never showed up again in big matches and remain the playground bullies.

9 Leeds - Brilliant return for Leeds and never looked out of place. Second season will always be tougher.

10 Everton - So poor. Had multiple chances to get into dizzy heights but always seem to lose when they had the chance. They need a lot of surgery.

11 Aston Villa - From staying up on the last day a year ago they have been very good most of the season, credit to the manager here. But if Grealish goes its a massive loss.

12 Newcastle - Fought relegation for a large part of the season but somehow got 12th. It will be another struggle next season though unless a takeover happens.

13 Wolves - Not as strong as previous 2 campaigns but always solid mid table. Big decisions with a change of manager.

14 Crystal Palace - They always just seem to tick over with no problems in the league. Another side looking for a gaffer. Staying up is success.

15 Southampton - Very good first have of the season seen them top in November but fell down a from snakes on the snakes and ladders board. Overall average.

16 Brighton - Same league positions even since Hughton left but Potter is being credited for the way they are playing despite not scoring much. Success for them is staying up but they have to do better.

17 Burnley - I think Dyche's egg timer at Turf Moor has ran out of sand and he needs to try something different. Punched Burnley above their weight for years but are on the slippery slope now but they do have new rich owners.

18 Fulham - At one stage they looked like they could get out of it but werent good enough at the start.

19 West Brom - I didnt get the Bilic sacking in the first place and they put all eggs in the basket with Sams reputation. Thee Yo-yo club of the Premier League era.

20 Sheff Utd - Total collapse after a cracking first season but to not win until about game 18 of the season had them relegated very early. Very poor this season and looked like a mid table Championship club. 

Very neat summary, except Arsenal bullies? Could do with a couple of real bully boys in their team. 

Will Hammers perform again next season? Will Leeds? Are Wolves on the slide? Would Dyche be the man for them?

21 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Very neat summary, except Arsenal bullies? Could do with a couple of real bully boys in their team. 

Will Hammers perform again next season? Will Leeds? Are Wolves on the slide? Would Dyche be the man for them?

Thats what Arsenal are. When the pressure is off in the easy games they go on winning runs. They won their last 5 after being out of all comps. I had a look at the players they have out on loan and players with 1 year left - its a huge list. If they could get Torriera back and play him in the holding role it will free up Partey more. Even Guendouzi would add to their midfield. They have Mainland-Niles (good player), Willock (good player), Sablina (good potential) also coming back.

I dont see Hammers being top 6 again especially with the Europa. If they keep hold of Rice and get Lingard then its huge but they could be done with someone like Loftus-Cheek also of even the Arsenal pair Mainland Niles and Willock. There is talk of Marco Arnatovic coming back which Im not in favour off.

Leeds could stay mid table again, they still have a fresh feel about the side but need a few additions.

Wolves wont be as strong IMO, Nuno had build something there.

Dyche - must be a shoe-in for Palace.

6 hours ago, compo said:

I see the toffees manager has taken the helm at Real Madrid 

Talk about a get out of jail card. He was never right for Everton anyway..

But to land the Madrid job instantly - bizarre one.

Tottenham in talks with Conte. I think he'd get a lot out of the squad, but it'll end badly, I think... his personality, Levy's personality, little investment... Fun. 

Nuno Santo in talks with Everton. Step up? 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Tottenham in talks with Conte. I think he'd get a lot out of the squad, but it'll end badly, I think... his personality, Levy's personality, little investment... Fun. 

Nuno Santo in talks with Everton. Step up? 

I think sideways at the moment. I like Nuno .

Conte - Spurs will be challenging if he goes there but agree massive rifts will start. He is a rebel ?