Premier League 2020/21

29 minutes ago, compo said:

Steve Bruce a good honest manager with players that need a good hard kick up the arse 

He's a likeable guy, I always enjoy listening to him but I cant say he is any good now. He has had too many clubs now and is mid level Premier at very best.

You have a point about his players thought, Newcastle have been mediocre under many managers now.

Steve Bruce hasn’t won anything as manager apart from promotions. 

Newcastle have been huge under-achievers for years, even before the Ashley blight. Keegan had them on the way but Nigel Winterbottom kicked Ginola off the park at Highbury, then Chelsea beat them in the cup at St James and Keegan lost his head.

8 hours ago, Gribz said:

That was easy ?

Puts more pressure on Steve Bruce. At any other club / chairman he would probably have gone. But with Rafa available again you never know if a return would be on the cards.

There is no chance of Rafa returning under Ashley regime. If the takeover in the summer had been approved, Rafa would have been appointed in place of Bruce. I live in NE England. He is the Messiah in these parts. It was hoped with proper targeted investment he would have improved them. Although, Bruce is a Geordie, he is not held in high regard and his brand of football is soulless. We are so fortunate to have rid ourselves of Ashley and SD. His shadow hangs heavily over Newcastle Utd, if you think we've had it bad spare a thought for Toon followers. No silverware since 1969!

18 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

There is no chance of Rafa returning under Ashley regime. If the takeover in the summer had been approved, Rafa would have been appointed in place of Bruce. I live in NE England. He is the Messiah in these parts. It was hoped with proper targeted investment he would have improved them. Although, Bruce is a Geordie, he is not held in high regard and his brand of football is soulless. We are so fortunate to have rid ourselves of Ashley and SD. His shadow hangs heavily over Newcastle Utd, if you think we've had it bad spare a thought for Toon followers. No silverware since 1969!

True - it wont happen under Ashley but it was mentioned Rafa has unfinished business there. If a takeover went through and he was given a tidy transfer fund then Newcastle would be comfortable top 8 and I think would eventually win a cup. I really rate Benitez and was screaming for West Ham to go for him before Moyes. There is some good names available on free's right now - Benitez, Allegri and Tuchel.

Some good midweek games:

Crystal Palace 1-2 West Ham

Newcastle 1-1 Leeds

Southampton 1-1 Arsenal

West Brom 0-2 Man City

Burnley 1-0 Aston Villa

Chelsea 2-2 Wolves

Brighton 1-0 Fulham

Everton 0-1 Leicester

Man Utd 3-0 Sheff Utd

Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool

19 minutes ago, compo said:

Lampard to renew his rivalry with Stevie when he gets sacked later today 

I was going to post earlier I see Tuchel or Allergi at Chelsea sooner rather than later. I think its the right call for once by Roman - Lampard wasnt ready for that job. I can see Tuchel getting much more out of Werner and Havertz.

Also calls on Talksport for Eddie Howe to replace Bruce at Newcastle.

Edited by Gribz

1 minute ago, Gribz said:

I was going to post earlier I see Tuchel or Allergi at Chelsea sooner rather than later. I think its the right call for once by Roman - Lampard wasnt ready for that job.

Also calls on Talksport for Eddie Howe to replace Bruce at Newcastle.

Agreed. 

Ooh... Howe at Newcastle could be good.  

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Agreed. 

Ooh... Howe at Newcastle could be good.  

Yup - it shows you the difference between Roman's decision making and the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd who have stuck by Arteta and OGS (paying off at the moment but for how long). But it seems Lampards poor form has triggered Roman to upgrade to Tuchel which is shrewd.

I think Howe at Newcastle would be a good fit as he is mostly a coach and will get onto the training ground and improve the current squad.