Premier League 2020/21

22 hours ago, Gribz said:

Over to Spurs v Liverpool Thurs night - winners go 4th.

1-3 at the Lane (I know but it’s a better name than the new one)

’Spurs spiral but Scousers hang onto Leicester’s coat tails.

And so, the weekend:

Toffees 3-1 Mags

Palace 0-0 Wolves

City 4-0 Blades

Baggies 0-2 Fulham

Gunners 3-1 United

So’ton 2-2 Villa

Chelsea 2-1 Burnley

Leicester 3-2 Leeds

Hammers 2-1 L’pool

BHA 1-3 Hotspur

Jose got things wrong and is always playing 'not to lose' these big games. Spurs should be pressing.

Weekend.

Everton 2-0 Newcastle

Crystal Palace 1-2 Wolves

Man City 4-0 Sheff Utd

West Brom 0-0 Fulham

Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd

Southampton 2-1 Aston Villa

Chelsea 1-0 Burnley

Leicester 3-1 Leeds

West Ham 0-2 Liverpool

Brighton 1-0 Tottenham

4 hours ago, compo said:

Looks like it all kicked off in the Spurs dressing room at half time 

Aurier apparently stormed out and went home at half time. Is this the collapse of Mourinho again? They were flying 6 weeks ago after beating Man City.

The Bale signing has been poor, he may have sat out at Madrid too long and played too much golf. You have to wonder if he is one of these players who was so physical his body may not stand playing into mid 30s. To not play much for a year then come to the pace of the Premier is a big ask.

Everton  2 Magpies 1

Crystal Palace 1 Wolves 1

City 2 Sheffield 0

WBA 2 Fulham 0

Gunners 1 United 2

Southampton 1 Villa 2

Chelsea 1 Burnley 2

Leicester 3 Leeds 3

Hammers 2 Liverpool 1

Brighton 0  Spurs 1

A few interesting score comparisons with 3 differing views (obviously my prediction against the oldies is more reliable ? ? )

West Brom v Fulham:

Scott - Away win.

Me - Draw.

Compo - Home win.

Arsenal v Man Utd:

Scott - Home win.

Me - Draw.

Compo - Utd away win.

And the most difficult which I did switch.

Southampton v Aston Villa:

Scott - Draw

Me - Home win for the Saints

Compo - Away win.

Newcastle beat Everton 0-2. 

The difference? Newcastle's recent appointment, coach Graeme Jones. Jones has worked with Roberto Martinez for 12 years, from Swansea to Belgium, via Wigan and Everton.

You can see the difference straight away: 4-3-3, pressing from the front, little triangles in passing and they actually created chances.  

It's good management from Bruce, but you have to wonder what the point of him is... ?

First half WBA were as bad a team as I’ve seen for years. Second half they brought on Diagne, a signing from Galatasaray at centre forward, big strong bloke. Within a minute he gets the ball, hares towards the enemy goal and hoofs a shot which is cleared. You could see the rest of the team suddenly remembering what the game’s about and in a few more minutes they equalise and take the lead soon after.  Being West Brom they couldn’t hold it of course but their second half performance not great but a huge difference from the first. Fulham played pretty well throughout. Should have been three, four up by half time as is customary for visitors to the Hawthorns these days. 

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

First half WBA were as bad a team as I’ve seen for years. Second half they brought on Diagne, a signing from Galatasaray at centre forward, big strong bloke. Within a minute he gets the ball, hares towards the enemy goal and hoofs a shot which is cleared. You could see the rest of the team suddenly remembering what the game’s about and in a few more minutes they equalise and take the lead soon after.  Being West Brom they couldn’t hold it of course but their second half performance not great but a huge difference from the first. Fulham played pretty well throughout. Should have been three, four up by half time as is customary for visitors to the Hawthorns these days. 

They cant seem to get past the first twenty minutes of a match without losing a goal