Premier League 2020/21

2 hours ago, compo said:

Well done 

Not really. I only got two of them this time though earlier in the season I got 4/4,I think it was. Tend to confirm @Rousseau’s observation that the absence of a crowd diminishes home advantage.

Jose under the pressure now, 3 defeats in a row and he is getting it wrong. Im not surprised - he brought in a feel good factor to start with but its went very stale. But they couldnt have a picked a better pick me up fixture this weekend.

Tough set of fixtures this weekend to predict.

Aston Villa 2-1 Arsenal

Burnley 0-0 Brighton

Newcastle 1-1 Southampton

Fulham 1-2 West Ham

Man Utd 2-2 Everton

Tottenham 2-0 West Brom

Wolves 2-3 Leicester

Liverpool 1-2 Man City

Sheff Utd 0-2 Chelsea

Leeds 2-1 Crystal Palace

Chelsea are looking good, to me, but they're just lacking some quality on the final ball. They get dominate the ball, and create good openings, but quite creating good chances, or they're not taking them. It'll improve through more coaching, but I think they need a centre-forward; Werner's not a goalscorer, Giroud not mobile enough and Abraham doesn't have the technical ability - that doesn't mean they cannot be used, though.

I'm a big fan of Tuchel's positional game. 

I was impressed with Thiago Silva last night, too, until he went off injured: he read and intercepted everything, and he was so calm and composed on the ball. Proper defender. 

Last night, Glenn Hoddle on commentary, finally brought up the fact that Tottenham (and Mourinho, more specifically) are drilled into defending that they don;t know how to attack; there's no plan to move the ball though the thirds; it's all off the cuff. They only counter. It's not enough to be successful in today's game.  

After careful consideration and consultation with the cat this weeks selections are as follows,

Villa 1 Arsenal 2

Burnley 1 Brighton 1

Newcastle 1 Southampton 2

Fulham 1 Hammers 2

United 2 Toffees 1

Spurs 2 WBA 1

Wolves 2 Leicester 2

Liverpool 1 City 3 

Sheffield 1 Chelsea 3

Leeds 3 Palace 0

I left the cat out of it. He’s red and that colours his selections.

Villa 1-2 Arsenal

Burnley 1-1 BHA

Newcastle 2-1 So’ton 

Fulham 0-2 West Ham

United 3-1 Everton

Hotspur 3-0 West Brom

Wolves 1-3 Leicester

Liverpool 2-2 City

Blades 1-2 Chelsea

Leeds 2-0 Palace

Off to a good start again this weekend with predictions with the Villa winning.

Im still not convinced with Arsenal and Arteta. They were poor first half and continuously played it backwards. They came out in the second half with more drive and were pressing but Arteta got his subs wrong and they never looked like scoring. They have zero final product in the final third and Aubameyang is a fraction of the player from last season. Saka is their bright spark going forward, Pepe is never a 72m player. Gabriel was very good at the back but the rest were average. Fair play to Villa.

VAR - I really need to understand the rules on the Soucek one. Nobody in football is saying it was a red but I have to wonder even if there was no intent are the rules still there that he made contact with elbow and had to go? However its a shocker from Mike Dean and VAR, no wonder Southampton dont want to see them again - if its a red then why do they need 4 minutes to review it.

0-0 was fair in the game, both sides created a lot of half chances but nothing really looked like going in.

Good result for Newcastle to hold on with 9 men.

Man Utd out of the title race should Man City win today.