Premier League 2020/21

The Gundogan penalty was one of the strangest techniques Ive ever seen. City have missed 8 pens in around a season and a half, that has to be addressed as it cost them at Anfield before when Mahrez ballooned one over the bar when going for a win.

However they have shown there is a gap with them and the rest again, Liverpool without Van Dijk are nothing to fear yet the decision to stick with two central midfielders in defence is terrible.

City will go for Haaland or Kane.

Is anyone got one eye on the Liverpool situation? I can't see them getting rid of Klopp this season (too many key injuries) but he was untouchable at Dortmund and then it went sour quickly. Liverpool have not lost 3 consecutive league games at Anfield in 55 years. For our sakes, I hope they turn the corner soon. 

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is anyone got one eye on the Liverpool situation? I can't see them getting rid of Klopp this season (too many key injuries) but he was untouchable at Dortmund and then it went sour quickly. Liverpool have not lost 3 consecutive league games at Anfield in 55 years. For our sakes, I hope they turn the corner soon. 

Numerous things.

1) He should have pitched for a tried and trusted centre half for cover. (Are they regretting losing Lovren?). Imagine Rangers defence was Jack and Davis? - Its unthinkable and distrups the rest of the team.

2) Salah is obviously not at the races and at the stage in his career where he is thinking about Barca or Real.

3) Empty stadiums - I know its the same for everyone but Liverpool's home crown in the big games can have an effect unless you are Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid or Sir Alex.

4) Bit of lack of creativity in the midfield. Thigao, Wjunildum (sp) and whoever plays are quite similar, they dont ever try a No.10.

Klopp will get more time and the aim will be top 4. You dont get rid of a manager who has made progress to finals then winning the CL and record points in the top flight plus breaking the 30 year spell.

IMO Gerrard wont be considered until he has another 2-3 years and trophies on his CV, they will have looked at Chelsea and seen what has happened there. I dont think Gerrard is going anywhere. He will want a crack at the CL next season at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

Numerous things.

1) He should have pitched for a tried and trusted centre half for cover. (Are they regretting losing Lovren?). Imagine Rangers defence was Jack and Davis? - Its unthinkable and distrups the rest of the team.

2) Salah is obviously not at the races and at the stage in his career where he is thinking about Barca or Real.

3) Empty stadiums - I know its the same for everyone but Liverpool's home crown in the big games can have an effect unless you are Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid or Sir Alex.

4) Bit of lack of creativity in the midfield. Thigao, Wjunildum (sp) and whoever plays are quite similar, they dont ever try a No.10.

Klopp will get more time and the aim will be top 4. You dont get rid of a manager who has made progress to finals then winning the CL and record points in the top flight plus breaking the 30 year spell.

IMO Gerrard wont be considered until he has another 2-3 years and trophies on his CV, they will have looked at Chelsea and seen what has happened there. I dont think Gerrard is going anywhere. He will want a crack at the CL next season at Ibrox.

I agree tbh but bloody nothing surprised me in football. Claudio Ranieri was sacked a few months after winning the PL for Leicester.  

18 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I agree tbh but bloody nothing surprised me in football. Claudio Ranieri was sacked a few months after winning the PL for Leicester.  

Roger that but thats down to a owner who oversees his sons playstation results. how many has he sacked? Getting rid of ancelotti after winning a double? Why not back him and say right instead of millions to sack you heres the cash go get the best? He's off his rocker.

Edit - read Ranieri Leicester. however post is still justified RE Chelsea.

Leicester - bizarre and still is bizarre yet they have put together a good xi and I dont care what anyone says Rogders is a top coach.

Edited by Gribz