Biggest surprise of season so far(not)

The time to react was over a year ago. We'll just do what we normally do and meekly accept it.

The manager doesn't want to rock the boat too much due to the risk of damaging "Brand Gerrard" and the directors don't seem to be too keen on doing anything either.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The time to react was over a year ago. We'll just do what we normally do and meekly accept it.

The manager doesn't want to rock the boat too much due to the risk of damaging "Brand Gerrard" and the directors don't seem to be too keen on doing anything either.

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. I'd be stunned if it changed now.

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Given SG's comments about being the other way round, I would doubt he's thinking about himself but the club can still make some sort of statement. Even sportscene suggested it should be read.

It’s actually been very funny listening to the usual useful idiots trying to argue their points despite doing a 180degree on this tackle compared to their reaction to Ryan Jacks .Funny but quite sad at the same time .

52 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Given SG's comments about being the other way round, I would doubt he's thinking about himself 

The comments were mild. He should have been a lot more hard-hitting. 

"I don't want to make any headlines and say the kid should have got this, or should have got that. I don't want to be that type of manager. But what I would say is I'd be very interested to see what the decision would have been from the officials if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Alfredo who's made that tackle."

He even admits that he doesn't want to be that type of manager. He just says he's be interested in what the decision would have been the other way around.

At no point does he say it should have been a red card or that the ref got it wrong. It's so wishy-washy and he's yet again not standing up for his players, and he's worrying more about what type of manager he is. 

15 minutes ago, rbr said:

It’s actually been very funny listening to the usual useful idiots trying to argue their points despite doing a 180degree on this tackle compared to their reaction to Ryan Jacks .Funny but quite sad at the same time .

Dermot Gallagher was badly exposed, thought Edwards was a yellow offence at worse. He explained Edwards initially won the ball, and the follow through caught Morelos, but it was not malicious. When confronted with comments he made three seasons past for Ryan Jack’s red card on Stevie May ie (yes, Jack won the ball but his follow through was malicious, therefore the ref’ was correct to issue a red), Dermot declined to comment further.

The point being, Clancy did not even blow up for a foul, let alone issue a card of any shade. The game was re-started on a drop ball.

31 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The comments were mild. He should have been a lot more hard-hitting. 

"I don't want to make any headlines and say the kid should have got this, or should have got that. I don't want to be that type of manager. But what I would say is I'd be very interested to see what the decision would have been from the officials if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Alfredo who's made that tackle."

He even admits that he doesn't want to be that type of manager. He just says he's be interested in what the decision would have been the other way around.

At no point does he say it should have been a red card or that the ref got it wrong. It's so wishy-washy and he's yet again not standing up for his players, and he's worrying more about what type of manager he is. 

Ok but I took it to mean that Alfie's reputation goes before him - I thought he was getting a subtle dig. Even that was too much for Michael Stewart though - he certainly struck his nerve, while Chris Iwelumo saw SG as standing up for his player.