Biggest surprise of season so far(not)

Open season on Rangers' players now.

Boards, various, have, over the years, maintained silence, dignified, apparently, but read as uninterested and unconcerned, and have kept the club's powder dry, so dry that to detonate it now would result not in a bang, not even a flash in the pan, but a puff. 

Remember when young you used to get a banger (squib) and take the powder out and make a little pile then light it to make a genie?

That's the difference between us and THEM.

They would have lite the fuse to make as loud a bang as possible pointing fingers at whomever needs to be blamed whether it be the player and/or the referee.

Our board have always just made a genie which goes puff without the BANG.

It's never to late for our board to stand up and issue a statement with some backbone like the old jumping jack firework, one that seems to kept banging and chase you around like what seemed an age....come on to f**k Rangers Board and stand up for your players and staff FFS.

9 hours ago, Scott7 said:

And get sent off.

Always best to get your retaliation in first if your going to get a red card make sure it's for something worthy I would tell my players .

Thinking back to the battle of Goodison in 1964 when Johnny Giles started it on the fifth minute with an over the ball cracker on a toffee then Sandy Brown gave him a left hook that  Henry Cooper would have been proud of Brown got sent off no cards back then , then it really got going tackles that would have the game abandoned these days but then Derek Temple was tack chest high by Willie Bell everyone thought he was dead taken off on a stretcher unconscious both teams back to the dressing rooms for a lecture from the referee then back to continue the beautiful game if anything the tackling got a lot worse and at the end Leeds won by the single goal and believe it or not only one more booking 

Aye it was a mans game back then ?

Edited by compo

14 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Ok but I took it to mean that Alfie's reputation goes before him - I thought he was getting a subtle dig. 

I'm not sure what he meant. Did he mean that Alfie would have got a red card because it was a red card offence, or did he mean that Alfie would have got a red card because he gets sent off for non-red card offences but no other player would get sent off for it? 

13 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not sure what he meant. Did he mean that Alfie would have got a red card because it was a red card offence, or did he mean that Alfie would have got a red card because he gets sent off for non-red card offences but no other player would get sent off for it? 

Both.

Gerrard  defended the player and the club with his comments quite skillfully- he had to be careful what he said in order to avoid be cited himself.  If he had called out Clancy more directly, you can bet he would be up on a charge rather than the DU player.

I thought his words were carefully chosen to get the message across about the hypocrisy and inconsistency of the decision and you only need to listen to the triggered reactions to see he got the point across perfectly.

Whilst we might like bombastic statements and a PR war to be waged, I'm not sure that its any more effective in the long term other than making us feel better temporarily.

13 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Whilst we might like bombastic statements and a PR war to be waged, I'm not sure that its any more effective in the long term other than making us feel better temporarily.

I strongly disagree. Look at the way that refs are scared to send off Celtic players due to the way that their manager, the club and their support would react.

They know that they can make dodgy decision against us and the comments that come from us will cause a small ripple and then be forgotten.

We're allowing refs to carry on the uneven way that they ref games and we're at a disadvantage because of it.