Biggest surprise of season so far(not)

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:
1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

So he's saying no other player would get sent off for it, other than Morelos, even though it's a red card offence?

He’s saying it was a red card offence and implying that even if the referee did not judge it as such, he would nonetheless have sent Morelos off if the circumstances had been reversed. As asil and stewarty say, quite clever.

I agree the club needs to be stronger and am unclear whether or not they're doing this more privately than publicly.

The manager has his part to play and I think he probably said as much as he could on the Edwards challenge without being cited himself.  Of course, there's a good chance he can follow up when he's inevitably asked about it again this week.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I strongly disagree. Look at the way that refs are scared to send off Celtic players due to the way that their manager, the club and their support would react.

They know that they can make dodgy decision against us and the comments that come from us will cause a small ripple and then be forgotten.

We're allowing refs to carry on the uneven way that they ref games and we're at a disadvantage because of it.

Bombastic statements are easily dismissed as frothing rage, no matter how justified we think it is.  I understand your frustration because I share it, but tbh I don't know what the answer is other than calling things out when they happen and working to change the culture within the game and to improve refereeing standards.   There is no doubt in my mind that the hammer thrower mentality that is allowed to continue is one of the major areas that holds back our game and stops us bringing through young players.  

57 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I strongly disagree. Look at the way that refs are scared to send off Celtic players due to the way that their manager, the club and their support would react.

Yes, there is something in what you say. I would just like to know how you counteract that in this corruptible SPFL climate? The odds are stacked overwhelmingly in Lawwell's favour. We already tried to call out the injustices to last season's farcical end. Where was the support for change from the rest? Practically non existent! How many of our players have been cited by the CO compared to them? I've lost count. What team do these so called arbitrators follow? Then, there is the  Scottish Sport media that, in the main, have "Rangers hater" on their CV? Even at Government level you have a Justice Minister who "mislays" vital evidence of hate crimes!  Remind me what team he supports?

I take the P.O V. that Stewarty articulated, PR wars are NOT the answer. In my view keep our tinder dry powder under lock and key. They only way to begin to change this is by winning trophies and most importantly, TITLES! That will be the time to roll out the cannons and open the ammunition box! :drum:

1 minute ago, Ted McMinnime said:

They only way to begin to change this is by winning trophies and most importantly, TITLES! That will be the time to roll out the cannons and open the ammunition box! :drum:

When we got close, it was very noticeable that the refereeing standards changed and we got a whole lot more decisions made against us. I'm not convinced we'll be allowed to win the title. Even look at the League Cup final. An offside goal that mysteriously didn't get picked up.

Just now, Bluedell said:

When we got close, it was very noticeable that the refereeing standards changed and we got a whole lot more decisions made against us. I'm not convinced we'll be allowed to win the title. Even look at the League Cup final. An offside goal that mysteriously didn't get picked up.

We didn't take our chances in the LCF.  We need to look at our own performance and take responsibility for what we can control before we start looking for excuses.

As for the league, two seasons in a row we faded badly after christmas.  We can point to the number of games played at that stage with some justification, but we have evolved our squad significantly to try and address the deficiencies that arose.    Third time's a charm for Gerrard, we hope.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not sure what he meant. Did he mean that Alfie would have got a red card because it was a red card offence, or did he mean that Alfie would have got a red card because he gets sent off for non-red card offences but no other player would get sent off for it? 

I took it to mean that Morelos would have been sent off whether if the ref had seen it or not, due to the hole in the guys leg and who the ref was.

The narrative of this incident is something all Rangers supporters should recognise immediately.

Less than two hours after the game finished at Ibrox, BBC Scotland’s Sportscene is on air. Sellik TV’s Michael Stewart immediately grabs control, he is sick and tired and waves his hands. Morelos is the Devil and Gerrard is condemned for Devil worship. Remember, the referee did not even award a foul.

On Radio Snyde last evening, Nuremberg Hugh agrees with the ref’, “a clumsy challenge by a clumsy defender”. He was reminded(like former referee, Dermot Gallagher) of his comments reference Ryan Jack’s red card three years past, he did not like that. He played the age card, “I cannot remember three years back, I’m here to deal with the now”. 

Jum Spence is addicted to Twitter, beholding his position of Rectum of Dundee Uni’. He tweeted a table of all historical clashed between Rangers and United on Thursday, only two games, both Scottish Cup ties, both won by the Dundee side. He tweeted nothing during or after the game, nothing even the result. Yesterday afternoon, immediately the SPFL revealed no further action, he tweeted a carefully cropped Dundee Courier picture of both Morelos and Edwards challenging from above waist height. Out of sight, out of mind.

Black lives matter, unless you are a Sellik supporting referee, an employee of Sellik TV, an old rancid bigot, or a pompous prick?

20 hours ago, Bluedell said:

The time to react was over a year ago. We'll just do what we normally do and meekly accept it.

The manager doesn't want to rock the boat too much due to the risk of damaging "Brand Gerrard" and the directors don't seem to be too keen on doing anything either.

You're damned skippy there boss. Ain't NOTHIN more important than 'Brand Gerrard'. hahah! Beautiful point my man.

Color me shocked...I thought the guy would get at least a two game ban...FOR SURE...LOL!!

Seriously though...they are gonna rob us of the title.

That's just human...push it till there is push back...but there ain't none, and never will be.

Then what? Cause it's comin.  Best wrap your head around that.

As far as I'm concerned...this shitty league can puff on pete.

Somebody needs to be workin on them train tickets south. IMHO.