Alice Hedworth Made Redundant

Seems a strange one, thought she came across well in her interviewing the manager and players. In this closed stadium era online content is more valuable to the fans and we are reducing numbers in this area?

Would have preferred we didn’t blow a huge sum on a tunnel refurb that wasn’t required and keep loyal decent staff at the club.

10 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Seems a strange one, thought she came across well in her interviewing the manager and players. In this closed stadium era online content is more valuable to the fans and we are reducing numbers in this area?

Would have preferred we didn’t blow a huge sum on a tunnel refurb that wasn’t required and keep loyal decent staff at the club.

I would also prefer to not have made any redundancies if possible, but I think we need to separate the two parts to this.  Whether we refurb the tunnel area should not be contingent  on whether someone's job within the media operation is required.

3 hours ago, gaspard said:

Was she not exposed as a bheast fan?

Don't think so. I think that she went once as part of a project before she started with us and made the "paradise" comment, probably as a neutral. I believe she's a NUFC fan.

She took a step away from the microphone doing some press- and media team related stuff, her role as presenter was taken up (I assume) by Emma Dodds (?), who does the previews et al on RTV now. AFAIK, she was away from the club when Covid-19 struck as has not worked since, but I might be mistaken on that.

I reckon she will find a job easily enough.