UEFA Europa League: Willem II/Rangers v Hadjuk Split/Galatasaray

Draw will be here

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/0260-1038ce015f68-dae5f827f104-1000--uefa-europa-league-play-off-round-draw/?iv=true

If we get past Willem II here are our potential opponents,

Spurs

Galatasaray/Hadjuk Split

Standard Liege

APOEL

That’s a quite a tough grouping. However Standard Liege finished 5th last season and Galatasaray finished 6th, so we will want to avoid Spurs and an away tie. 

Edited by DMAA

Can't we be drawn against Standard or APOEL's opponents if they lose their ties DMAA? Playing Spurs in a one-off match would be fun. They'd, rightly, be favourites, but they're not in great form and the Scotland/England thing levels the field a bit.  

How are Aberdeen seeded and we're not? There was talk on the radio last night that Sporting Lisbon have a Covid outbreak in their squad and might struggle to put out a team against Aberdeen. That might just have been wishful thinking from the heavily Aberdeen influenced presenters and pundits of course. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

If we get past Willem II here are our potential opponents,

Spurs

Galatasaray/Hadjuk Split

Standard Liege

APOEL

That’s a quite a tough grouping. However Standard Liege finished 5th last season and Galatasaray finished 6th, so we will want to avoid Spurs and an away tie. 

A fully-fit, on-form Alfredo Morelos could gun down any of these 4 teams including Spurs

39 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Can't we be drawn against Standard or APOEL's opponents if they lose their ties DMAA?

Yes we can. I can only embed tweets on my laptop so I decided not to try to spell their opponents on my phone when they almost certainly won’t get through anyway. 

• DMAA changed the title to UEFA Europa League Play-off Round Draw - 1PM GMT