UEFA Europa League: Willem II/Rangers v Hadjuk Split/Galatasaray

As Turkish sides often do, Galatasaray have a lot of veterans in their sides. 4 of their front 5 are 30+.

Falcao (34, yes that Falcao)

Feghouli (30, ex West Ham)     Arda Turan (33)    Belhanda (30)        Kilinc (26)

All good players but, in my opinion, nothing to fear. Turan has barely played in 3 seasons. Falcao had an injury ravaged season last season. He hasn't lost his touch and is scoring goals, but he must be a bit off the pace. Feghouli is ageing well by the looks of it and will be a danger.

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

As Turkish sides often do, Galatasaray have a lot of veterans in their sides. 4 of their front 5 are 30+.

Falcao (34, yes that Falcao)

Feghouli (30, ex West Ham)     Arda Turan (33)    Belhanda (30)        Kilinc (26)

All good players but, in my opinion, nothing to fear. Turan has barely played in 3 seasons. Falcao had an injury ravaged season last season. He hasn't lost his touch and is scoring goals, but he must be a bit off the pace. Feghouli is ageing well by the looks of it and will be a danger.

Even their subs are over the hill. Ryan Babel (33), Ryan Donk (34), Durmaz (31). When will Turkish teams learn?

• Frankie changed the title to UEFA Europa League: Willem II/Rangers v Hadjuk Split/Galatasaray
13 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We’ve still to play Willem II before we even think about Galatasaray ?

I don't know why people always feel the need to say this. Nobody is taking that for granted, there's nothing wrong with having a look at who your potential opponents are.

I'd prefer Split but either will be a big step up and easily our hardest game of the season to date. I was speaking to a Dutch pal last night about Willem II and he was pretty dismissive of them. He said they usually fight relegation and no one could understand why they did okay last season. He said they're a good team without any stars, stronger than the some of their parts but if both teams play to their best we'd beat them. He's a season ticket holder at NEC Nijmegen but travels around Europe a couple of times a year going to see different matches. He's desperate to see a Rangers/Celtic match and has 3 times asked me if I could get tickets for him and 6 of his mates! He doesn't believe me when I tell him Steven Gerrard probably couldn't get him 7 tickets, far less me. 

37 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I'd prefer Split but either will be a big step up and easily our hardest game of the season to date. I was speaking to a Dutch pal last night about Willem II and he was pretty dismissive of them. He said they usually fight relegation and no one could understand why they did okay last season. He said they're a good team without any stars, stronger than the some of their parts but if both teams play to their best we'd beat them. He's a season ticket holder at NEC Nijmegen but travels around Europe a couple of times a year going to see different matches. He's desperate to see a Rangers/Celtic match and has 3 times asked me if I could get tickets for him and 6 of his mates! He doesn't believe me when I tell him Steven Gerrard probably couldn't get him 7 tickets, far less me. 

I looked into them and I think he is being a little overly dismissive of them. They went from 10th to 5th last season because they made 5/6 very smart signings that went straight into their starting 11. It wasn’t random. 

They have added another 3 to their starting lineup this season without losing anyone, but it will still be a very tall order to finish that high again. 2 of their 3 new signings will be injured when we play them which is good news.