Coventry and QPR opted not to take a knee

6 hours ago, Bill said:

I agree with you completely. I'd have not the slightest issue if there was anything about it that suggested free and personal choice. However, the fact that it is clearly orchestrated, almost ritualistic, and that every single player across the UK complies, is hardly reflecting the diversity of opinion you'd find here and anywhere else that people gather. I've often wondered who is driving this .... and why. One thing's for sure, it has nothing to do with football or black people's interests. Surely someone will put a stop to this demeaning madness before long.

I have seen more people complain about those taking the knee than I have those who are not.  

18 hours ago, Bill said:

I agree with you completely. I'd have not the slightest issue if there was anything about it that suggested free and personal choice. However, the fact that it is clearly orchestrated, almost ritualistic, and that every single player across the UK complies, is hardly reflecting the diversity of opinion you'd find here and anywhere else that people gather. I've often wondered who is driving this .... and why. One thing's for sure, it has nothing to do with football or black people's interests. Surely someone will put a stop to this demeaning madness before long.

How do you know? And what is wrong with it being orchestrated? Or 'ritualistic'? (The Last Night of the Proms is ritualistic). The football authorities have not made it an ordinance - which is what Mark Warburton was complaining about, as he wanted firm direction. 

• 2 months later...

I see the Millwall fans aren't popular after the booing today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55111474

Former Coventry and Aston Villa striker Dion Dublin, who had a loan spell at Millwall in 2002, added: "They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me.".

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I see the Millwall fans aren't popular after the booing today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55111474

Former Coventry and Aston Villa striker Dion Dublin, who had a loan spell at Millwall in 2002, added: "They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me.".

In that case I stand up as a confirmed racist because I see knee-taking as another example of using contrived victimhood to achieve personal justification, usually perpetrated by weak woke arseholes. I'm convinced most players only do it because they're terrified of being labelled racist. This kind of social bullying is out of hand and few seem to have the guts to stand up to it. The sooner we get fans back in stadiums to re-introduce reality, the sooner we'll see an end to this demeaning crap.

1 hour ago, onevision said:

I would think most players probably have had enough also but players and more so clubs dont want to be seen as being the first to stop which is why the league should officially make the call for it to end.

That would require either good judgement or courage, neither of which you’ll find at the SPFL

Well done Millwall fans for showing the elites that football fans have had enough of the virtue signalling nonsense of BLM. 

Does every cricket or rugby game have the same show of bending a knee?  Why on earth are the football authorities continuing with this ridiculous show of wokeness for something that happened in America.

Time to pressure them into stopping at every opportunity, though difficult when they control the MSM.   

The route to a racism-free society lies in the actions of the individual. If you act like a racist, you're a racist. If you don't, you're not. What helps no one is the deliberate confusion of a self-declared Marxist political movement with a means to end racism. How many people do you think have abandoned racism because some sportsmen "take a knee" for five seconds, which I guarantee you they wouldn't be doing if it wasn't for the TV cameras? Taking a knee is purely about increasing the profile of a BLM movement that has done nothing but highlight racial difference and erode racial harmony across the western world. Coercing acceptance of BLM is not eliminating racism and the fact so many are willing to believe it only demonstrates how few people question anything or ever move beyond parroting propaganda.

Edited by Bill