Gersnet Golfers

Anyone play golf and fancy a game?  Happy to host at my home club (Lenzie) and would love to get out and play some new courses too.  

Had a 7 club challenge comp today.  Was utterly dreadful - my game is going backwards rapidly it feels like at the moment.  

Anyone else playing this weekend?

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

Anyone play golf and fancy a game?  Happy to host at my home club (Lenzie) and would love to get out and play some new courses too.  

Had a 7 club challenge comp today.  Was utterly dreadful - my game is going backwards rapidly it feels like at the moment.  

Anyone else playing this weekend?

If you're doing a 7 club challenge ,just make sure one of those clubs is a putter , makes a huge difference ?  .

1 minute ago, Franc Ergs said:

If you're doing a 7 club challenge ,just make sure one of those clubs is a putter , makes a huge difference ?  .

Hah.  Even the putter was letting me down today.  But it is one part of my game that’s improved this year. 

I wish all involved every success with this venture, building the fraternity of Gersnet is most noble.

“a Golf Club is a poorly run sergeant’s mess”.

I came across the above quote decades past, I think it refers to the numerous petty rules attached? I propose another side to fraternity. I would be interested in starting a club to shoot golfers. Pay the local authority for a license, make it sustainable ie you can only bag a brace per week. Extra kudos all round if you shoot wearers of loud trousers, bagging a brace of the multi-coloured breek attired would be most satisfying.

Obviously, utilising the bayonet is considered bad form; equally, no screaming and squealing from the golfers.

7 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I wish all involved every success with this venture, building the fraternity of Gersnet is most noble.

“a Golf Club is a poorly run sergeant’s mess”.

I came across the above quote decades past, I think it refers to the numerous petty rules attached? I propose another side to fraternity. I would be interested in starting a club to shoot golfers. Pay the local authority for a license, make it sustainable ie you can only bag a brace per week. Extra kudos all round if you shoot wearers of loud trousers, bagging a brace of the multi-coloured breek attired would be most satisfying.

Obviously, utilising the bayonet is considered bad form; equally, no screaming and squealing from the golfers.

Cant do that golfers are fast becoming an endangered species lots of clubs are struggling no no no we cant shoot the golfers 

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Careful, boss man Frankie is know to wear such 'loud' trousers now and again ?

I am prepared, like all denizens of East Lothian, Frankie requires a silver bullet.

It would be noble, bringing down the loud stride wearer, striding like a colossus across the shifting sands of Gullane.