[FT] Willem II 0 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 22 pen; Kent 25; Helander 55; Goldson 71)

54 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We've faced teams of a greater standing and perhaps quality and navigated the obstacle. Willem II is as much an unknown entity as the Danes were, Braga et al. Very hard to predict what will happen, not least in a one-off game. What I know is that if it ends tonight, I won't be screaming for anyone's head (unless he deserves it).

BTW, I noted that the CL play-off round is a two-legged affair, is that the case with the next game too?

Yes it could go any way. They've beaten all the top teams in their league but also took some bad losses. All qualifiers are single leg. 

There are a few young German players in their starting 11 by the way. They just signed their left back Köhn from Bayern Munich II and he's gone straight into their starting 11, he looks fast. One of their two centre mids, Sağlam, was signed from Bochum, and Köhlert is their left attacking mid and came from Hamburg. All 21/22 and have represented Germany at youth level, especially the latter two. 

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Willem II v Rangers

Any by the way, Nelom was signed by Lennon for Hibs, but Lennon stuck with Stevenson at left back so he barely played a single game. I think they are playing a 3-5-2 as he often plays centre back for them. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Surprised not to see Barjonas on the bench.

One suspects the manager is making a not so subtle point.

I’m more surprised to see Edmundson not even make the bench. I would be happy with him as emergency cover for defensive mid. 

Edited by DMAA

Just now, DMAA said:

I’m more surprised to see Edmundson not even make the bench. I would be happy with him as emergency cover for defensive mid. 

Agreed.  One or t'other but neither is a surprise and, in my view, a signal to the board that we're short in that area.

Signing Itten and Roofe instead of a midfielder and Roofe was strange at the time and looks a worse decision now.