[FT] Willem II 0 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 22 pen; Kent 25; Helander 55; Goldson 71)

Great to be 0-2 up at half time, however this game is still open, they could/should have scored a couple of goals as well. 

Hagi is wasted on the right, he needs to play central. Kamara is a real powerful player on the ball, he looks like he could do so much more, he has the ability. 

Kent really can go as far as he wants in the game.

Edited by ian1964

Football really is a funny old game.  

We don't look comfortable at all at times, especially early doors, but we grab two goals out of nothing really and have a very nice half-time lead.

I don't think we've played badly but without another holding player (such as Jack) we're opened up too easily and also give it away too quickly as well.  Arfield needs to be more diligent in his defensive duties (again) and Hagi needs to look after the ball much better when he gets it.

A lot more football in this game as I'd be surprised if they don't score.  However, we look capable of scoring another ourselves so it's very much like the Midtjylland game @DMAA rightly discussed in his preview.

Great to be 2 up but I am still nervous here, we are very lucky not to have conceded. A few players aren’t performing. Hagi just can’t get going. Barisic has grown into it. Kent is doing really well. His energy and ability to win the ball back has been really important. 

I am a little worried that we don’t have a substitute centre mid though. We just look like we are missing Jack in there a bit. Or someone a bit more imposing. Kamara has been the best of the 3 of them though. 

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Arfield needs to be more diligent in his defensive duties (again)

He’s much better played further forward. He’s best when the ball is being played in to his feet with his back to goal. We don’t have a choice tonight but he’s not a natural in this position. 

• Frankie changed the title to Willem II 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 22 pen; Kent 25))
  • Frankie changed the title to Willem II 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 22 pen; Kent 25; Helander 55)