Club Statement

28 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

No. I didn't say that.

No. I didn't say that.

Things have changed, including the way that referees act in games involving us. if you're harking back to incidents 12 years ago to prove a point then perhaps you're missing it.

Yes, I was there and we were lucky in a number of ways that day, including the fact that we were only playing St Mirren. Are you suggesting that we don't worry about getting players sent off?

You really can't guarantee that. Porteous would be delighted at one of our players taking the bait, reacting and getting sent off. You'e wanting our p[layers o fall into thei traps.

Agreed.

Agreed. That's the kind of reaction we need.

No you didn't say that so I guess I was being a tad facetious.

You did say - "The players can't do anything. They will just get sent off if they do." Does this not suggest that the players can only do what they are allowed to do?

The behaviour of the referees might have changed but my point is that players determine between themselves just where the line is. If they perceive that a Rangers player is prepared to accept a yellow card to assert just where that line will be then the opposition will adapt their behaviour accordingly. Said player can't induce a second yellow if he's sitting on the treatment table.

St. Mirren ONLY made it to the final. We have played some good games being a man down so it is not a situation that necessarily has to be feared, although I would not advocate it as a desired policy.

As it turns out I was talking about Edwards, however, in that game as in the SC final when we lost 3-2 I felt that Hibs' dirty, niggling play actually caused our players to lose their will to assert themselves precisely because they were frustrated at the lack of protection from the referee and hence their ability to assert their natural aggression, within fair play. Until we can play a dominating game with a balance of skill and aggression again then I'm afraid we can kiss goodbye to titles. It is imperative that the board start to act.

I'm glad we agree on board action, at least that is progress.

3 hours ago, barca72 said:

Every time one of our personnel are given a yellow or red card, or are cited by the Compliance Officer we should publicly oppose the charge using video of the incident in corollary with past video of opponents who committed similar infractions(allegedly) and who were never punished. Using precedents set by Celtic asking continually for ‘clarification’ and having their then lawyer Paul McBride QC, making public threats of of legal defence of the charge in question, I’m sure the SPFL/SFA would prefer not to be harassed any more now than they did then.

It’s only a suggestion and may not fit everyone’s taste and if not, give us a course of action to take.

Correct.

3 hours ago, barca72 said:

Every time one of our personnel are given a yellow or red card, or are cited by the Compliance Officer we should publicly oppose the charge using video of the incident in corollary with past video of opponents who committed similar infractions(allegedly) and who were never punished. Using precedents set by Celtic asking continually for ‘clarification’ and having their then lawyer Paul McBride QC, making public threats of of legal defence of the charge in question, I’m sure the SPFL/SFA would prefer not to be harassed any more now than they did then.

This is what we are saying mate, this is why we are having to put up with bias/cheating referees! on a level playing field, you are correct regarding our players 'sorting out' an opposing player, as it stands if any of our players show the aggressive attitude that opposition players show against us we will be carded. The club need to address this.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

This is what we are saying mate, this is why we are having to put up with bias/cheating referees! on a level playing field, you are correct regarding our players 'sorting out' an opposing player, as it stands if any of our players show the aggressive attitude that opposition players show against us we will be carded. The club need to address this.

I agree, bud. My point is, I think, that it wouldn't take any more than 4 or 5 red cards before the players in the league get the message. As Bluedell says they are not going to let us win the league as things stand.