SNP MP Flaunts Covid Rules

Margaret Ferrier is the epitome of modern Scottish nationalism. She became an MP without even the basic experience of being an elected official as a Councillor. Her professional life was a foot feathering the first rung of lower middle management, she was a sales manager. However, most importantly, she was a party loyalist. Interestingly, her pressing problem is an undying loyalty to a dynamic that has already disposed of her.

I don’t think she can square the problemic circle, the arithmetic tells her there is a future comfort of four years salary plus expenses. How did she arrive at this situation? A several hour journey on train, tube, and cabs. An attendance at gym, beauty salon, and reading a lesson at St Mungos church. A two day period where her story changed on three occasions. 

The daily ongoing politic has chewed at her and found her wanting, she should retreat into something less than mediocrity, but I don’t think she will. She has become a master of the universe and it’s demands will supersede party loyalty. I suspect she has made the journey to beyond discipline; well her recent actions confirm so.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Bloody hell, has she not stepped down yet?  

Is this situation a justification for her to be recalled?

Summarised from the Electoral Commission’s Fact Sheet, the grounds upon which a Petition for recall of an MP can be opened are limited. The MP must have been:

Convicted of an offence and received a custodial sentence (including a suspended sentence) or ordered to be detained, other than solely under mental health legislation.

Barred from the House of Commons for 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, or

Convicted of providing false or misleading information for allowance claims under the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009.

None of these apply unless Mr Speaker gets wired in and bars her for the relevant period of time. 

Her failure to resign tells us everything about her and the type of person who increasingly offer themselves for election nowadays found in all parties but I suspect, most commonly in SNP and Labour.

Her party colleague, George Kerevan, sort of condemned her but nonetheless described as heroic,  her action in travelling to Westminster to give her constituents a voice (for all of four minutes) 

If she resigns the people will just return another cult member , but I think she might just go under the radar and do the nationalist rehabilitation course. 

Edited by compo

5 hours ago, compo said:

If she resigns the people will just return another cult member , but I think she might just go under the radar and do the nationalist rehabilitation course. 

I suspect that there a few on here -possibly including your good self- who would like to run an actual  "Nationalist Rehabilitation Course".

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

I suspect that there a few on here -possibly including your good self- who would like to run an actual  "Nationalist Rehabilitation Course".

Certainly not I am a very kind  and generous person