Celtic vs Rangers - 17th October

2 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Sounds like they are running scared. Bring it on 

I had the same thought, he isn’t doing a  very good job of hiding the fear

As amusing as this is I think if we'd lost 4 players during the international break we'd be a bit hacked off too. International football always runs the risk of players picking up injuries or losing form after traveling long distances, I can remember when McCoist broke his leg playing for Scotland. It would a pleasant surprise if all of our players returned without any of them picking up a niggle far less anything more serious. Personally I think it's very contentious playing international football in the current climate. Players at clubs can exist in some sort of bubble, and so European club football can continue within those parameters. But pulling players together from all over the world for a few weeks is a recipe for disaster. 

Playing a depleted Celtic side has obvious attractions, but I'm uneasy about this. I also think it's a tremendous incentive for them, they're gradually building a siege mentality and convincing themselves the organisation they control is out to get them. I'd love it if Gerrard said that if Celtic don't want to play us this weekend we don't mind waiting until they've got all their players back. It would kill any claims of unfairness in an instant and would move the psychological edge back in our direction. If Lennon doesn't think he can beat us, at home, with the size of squad they have, he's got big problems. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

Joe is as mad as a box of frogs.  However, I dont think there is any doubt that he is Peter Lawwell's useful idiot.

All his ''official'' statements are endorsed by the club, useful idiot/bigot indeed.

4 hours ago, JohnMc said:

As amusing as this is I think if we'd lost 4 players during the international break we'd be a bit hacked off too. International football always runs the risk of players picking up injuries or losing form after traveling long distances, I can remember when McCoist broke his leg playing for Scotland. It would a pleasant surprise if all of our players returned without any of them picking up a niggle far less anything more serious. Personally I think it's very contentious playing international football in the current climate. Players at clubs can exist in some sort of bubble, and so European club football can continue within those parameters. But pulling players together from all over the world for a few weeks is a recipe for disaster. 

Playing a depleted Celtic side has obvious attractions, but I'm uneasy about this. I also think it's a tremendous incentive for them, they're gradually building a siege mentality and convincing themselves the organisation they control is out to get them. I'd love it if Gerrard said that if Celtic don't want to play us this weekend we don't mind waiting until they've got all their players back. It would kill any claims of unfairness in an instant and would move the psychological edge back in our direction. If Lennon doesn't think he can beat us, at home, with the size of squad they have, he's got big problems. 

Given eduard arrived with it celtc are the problem not international football 

15 hours ago, JohnMc said:

All that being said they gerrymandered the fixture list to get this date to play us, so they're getting what they wanted after all... 

15 hours ago, DMAA said:

That’s Elhamed confirmed as positive. 

Funny how the only two Israel players to test positive were Celtic players. Surely it’s not a coincidence Edouard was positive too joining the French camp. 

Which I was thinking, since Edouard was tested positive almost instantly when arriving in France. Here was me thinking that it needs some time before symptoms become active ...