[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

TIMES INVESTIGATION

Russians spread fake news over Oxford coronavirus vaccineImages portraying the Oxford project’s work as a “monkey vaccine” were shown in Russia on the Vesti News programme, described as the equivalent of Newsnight

The crude theme.......is that the vaccine, millions of doses of which will be manufactured by the pharmaceutical giant Astrazeneca, could turn people into monkeys because it uses a chimpanzee virus as a vector. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/russians-spread-fake-news-over-oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-2nzpk8vrq

Well, sez I, clearly fake news, and who, in 2020, would believe such utter tosh?

And then, I noticed the photograph below.

Surely, a well known soccer club has not been using its own players as guinea pigs?

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

On 15/10/2020 at 22:56, DMAA said:

I think the narrative has been set in such a way that the pressure is on Rangers and off Celtic, which I think is unjustified

“And Sutton insisted all the pressure is on Rangers because of the depleted Celtic squad but McCoist was having none of it as they went head-to-head on BT Sport.

Sutton said: "In terms of the selection opportunities for Steven Gerrard, he has essentially a full squad to pick from. 

"Celtic are heavily, heavily depleted.”

“Celtic boss Neil Lennon says today’s massive game won’t define the season.

I’m sorry to disagree with my old teammate, but it definitely could.

If Rangers lose it, they won’t recover. Psychologically, it would be a huge blow for Steven Gerrard’s team.” (Sutton again)

As I expected, Celtic have their media men pushing this narrative to put the pressure on us, total nonsense. 

Edited by DMAA

If we go about our business and produce a performance reminiscent of our European games, would should be fine. The old saying that the "form book goes out of the window when the Old Firm meets" won't help today, as both teams have been winning most of their games anyway.

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

If Rangers lose it, they won’t recover. Psychologically, it would be a huge blow for Steven Gerrard’s team.” (Sutton again)

History suggests he could be right.

On the other hand we’ve seen a Rangers triumph followed, diddy team style, by inability to hold the advantage.

I’m hoping today is the day when Rangers move ahead in the long march to victory, this time remembering that they’ve to do it again next week and the week after and the week after that.