[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

30 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Another notable takeaway from yesterday was the strength of our bench ;

McLaughlin - International

Bassey - young, promising full back

Balogun - International 

Hagi - International

Aribo - International 

Jack - International 

Defoe - ex-International 

Itten - International

Jones - International 

Jack, Hagi, Jones and McLaughlin probably count themselves unlucky not to be in starting 11. Also no place in squad for Edmunson and Stewart and Roofe / Katic still injured.

Add Bogani Zungu, SA International, still to arrive at Auchenhowie. 

“Throw me a line, I’m sinking fast”.

Older Gersnetters will remember the Old Grey Whistle Test? Of course, we had access to albums, a decent local record shop gave you access to imports. We all listened to albums and regularly you did not know what the band looked like. When Whistle Test appeared on BBC2, it allowed us to see the bands whose music you had been digesting for a couple of years. I remain a stone groove soulster, whispering Bob rarely satisfied my demands. Occasional bands might not have a soulful chord in their harmony, but they could still deliver a real wow factor.

Roxy Music did it for me, a well thought out, all round package. Bryan Ferry had a distinct vocal delivery, liked a teasing lyric, and the band were truly eccentric. Eno, MacKay, Thompson, ... etc different backgrounds and influences, and the presentation, in ‘72 only Bowie provided competition. The first single was Virginia Plain, the title appeared in the last line of the song; I think only Squeeze have replicated the trick?

In the Whistle Test performance, Ferry turns to the camera and emphasises the opening line of the last verse, “throw me a line, I’m sinking fast”, turns back to the Mike before continuing, “clutching at straws, can’t make it”. Getting in last night, the first piece I read on yesterday’s game was a bellowing moan from Neil Lennon on the BBC Scotland website. He was complaining and accusing that whoever at the club had released ra Sellik’s team lines on Friday night, was a traitor.

Of course, Neil has grabbed at a few other thrown lines since last evening; COVID, under strength, and players not adhering to management instruction. The following lyrical line is where Neil should focus, “clutching at straws, can’t make it”. I don’t think Neil will bother, he has a ton more vanity than Bryan Ferry.  Anyways, congratulations on the BBC Scotland Journo who managed to slip a microphone into Stevie G’s pocket, to get Neil’s moan.

Edited by 26th of foot

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

“Throw me a line, I’m sinking fast”.

Older Gersnetters will remember the Old Grey Whistle Test? Of course, we had access to albums, a decent local record shop gave you access to imports. We all listened to albums and regularly you did not know what the band looked like. When Whistle Test appeared on BBC2, it allowed us to see the bands whose music you had been digesting for a couple of years. I remain a stone groove soulster, whispering Bob rarely satisfied my demands. Occasional bands might not have a soulful chord in their harmony, but they could still deliver a real wow factor.

Roxy Music did it for me, a well thought out, all round package. Bryan Ferry had a distinct vocal delivery, liked a teasing lyric, and the band were truly eccentric. Eno, MacKay, Thompson, ... etc different backgrounds and influences, and the presentation, in ‘72 only Bowie provided competition. The first single was Virginia Plain, the title appeared in the last line of the song; I think only Squeeze have replicated the trick?

In the Whistle Test performance, Ferry turns to the camera and emphasises the opening line of the last verse, “throw me a line, I’m sinking fast”, turns back to the Mike before continuing, “clutching at straws, can’t make it”. Getting in last night, the first piece I read on yesterday’s game was a bellowing moan from Neil Lennon on the BBC Scotland website. He was complaining and accusing that whoever at the club had released ra Sellik’s team lines on Friday night, was a traitor.

Of course, Neil has grabbed at a few other thrown lines since last evening; COVID, under strength, and players not adhering to management instruction. The following lyrical line is where Neil should focus, “clutching at straws, can’t make it”. I don’t think Neil will bother, he has a ton more vanity than Bryan Ferry.  Anyways, congratulations on the BBC Scotland Journo who managed to slip a microphone into Stevie G’s pocket, to get Neil’s moan.

Neily's up the junction.

5 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Add Bogani Zungu, SA International, still to arrive at Auchenhowie. 

This will be Gerard’s next challenge. Integrating Zungu into the team to replace Davis who can’t go on forever despite a good start to this season

3 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Neily's up the junction.

I’ve no idea if anyone did leak their starting XI but if they did is Neily maybe smart enough to realise someone is trying to undermine him and that person maybe one of his superiors? ?

All is not well in their camp. We must capitalise.