[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Mate, the word on the street is that for one season he is costing them £4 million - it was, apparently, a £2 million loan fee plus his £50k a week wages.

Seemingly Brighton can't believe that anyone would have given them a loan fee for Duffy :roflmao:

Is there not an 'obligation' to buy at season's end, as seems customary nowadays?

I should laugh like a storm drain in the monsoon if there was.

43 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Most will disagree but I think Itten should get a run in the team. We haven’t seen a huge amount of him, but he’s been better than Morelos in his last few appearances and deserves a chance before he is competing with Roofe too. 

I would be tempted to give Itten a run too - but not at the expense of Morelos - I think he can play the right side of the front 3 well, and with Morelos running the channels more often it allows interchangeable strikers and, certainly from what we saw of Itten against Motherwell, he knows where the back of the net is.

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Is there not an 'obligation' to buy at season's end, as seems customary nowadays?

I should laugh like a storm drain in the monsoon if there was.

I certainly hope there is :roflmao:

2 minutes ago, craig said:

I would be tempted to give Itten a run too - but not at the expense of Morelos - I think he can play the right side of the front 3 well, and with Morelos running the channels more often it allows interchangeable strikers and, certainly from what we saw of Itten against Motherwell, he knows where the back of the net is.

I can see the rationale for dropping Hagi at Celtic park but for most games Morelos is the one who deserves to be dropped for Itten or Roofe, not Hagi. Hagi leads the league in assists, from far less game time than our other creative players. He has proven end product. 

39 minutes ago, craig said:

Exactly GS.

The Tims want Edouard gone because he has downed tools.  He has been used as a sub because he has been below par and out of sorts form wise.  Now they use his absence as an excuse for getting soundly beaten.

Jullien is a bombscare and even the Tims say this.  Would he have played instead of Welsh ?  Absolutely.  But did Welsh do anything wrong ?  Nope.  Indeed, the lad did OK and far better than St Duffy, who was absolute guff.  But Jullien's absence was used as an excuse for them being soundly beaten.

Christie I give them - he is their most creative force and would definitely have played and also definitely have improved them.  Forrest would have played too.

But Lennon saying that Ajeti wasnt fit to start and some other mug wasnt fit to start - these are just papering over the cracks and I hope the tims believe what Lennon says - because if they do, they may realise too late that Lennon is bullshitting his way into retaining his job.  They havent been playing well and have scored late goals against both Dundee Utd and St Johnstone to get wins - whilst some would say that is the sign of champions it is difficult to continue to do that for a full season.  We, on the other hand, other than Hibs for 25 minutes, are dominating games and conceding very, very little.  Gerrard (actually, probably Beale - who I think is the unsung hero of our tactics) is a far better tactician than Lennon.  And it now seems that our recruitment department is also better than theirs.  Long may all of this continue.

completely agree mate. 

What i will say is while we are great in europe and great in these games. 

Celtc still steamroll the dross in a way we can't so far match. we could take 9 of the of points this year and lose the league if that keeps up. 

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

completely agree mate. 

What i will say is while we are great in europe and great in these games. 

Celtc still steamroll the dross in a way we can't so far match. we could take 9 of the of points this year and lose the league if that keeps up. 

Absolutely - consistency against the other teams in the league has been our problem, and Celtic's major advantage, over the last couple of seasons.  I see a different Rangers team this season though.  There is a steely determination to not drop points - the next couple of weeks could be pivotal as Celtic go to Pittodrie and we then also have a league game whilst they have a cup game.  Pick up 6 or 9 points from next 3 games and they could legitimately be 7 points or more behind, pressure they havent actually been under in a decade.  And I am not convinced their players have the mental fortitude to overcome that.  And Lennon seems to slowly but surely be losing the dressing room too.  Their better players dont look like they want to be there - and with how their recruitment has gone lately you wouldnt trust them to spend any transfer revenue wisely.

One thing is for sure - I would much rather be where we are right now than where they are.

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

It looks like that's the only hurdle left between us and the league title. Not just whether or not we can put together a winning run but whether they will start dropping points where they previously didn't.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The rest of the league have far too much respect for Celtic. Surely they will smell blood after that display at the weekend. 

I have a feeling that Hibs will do us more than one good turn on Celtic this season.  And others may follow.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I can see the rationale for dropping Hagi at Celtic park but for most games Morelos is the one who deserves to be dropped for Itten or Roofe, not Hagi. Hagi leads the league in assists, from far less game time than our other creative players. He has proven end product. 

I also recently saw a stat about 'key passes', or something similar: The second highest in the league was on something like  0.42 per 90, but Hagi was on 0.84!!