[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

8 hours ago, Bill said:

£13m for Laxalt? Surely that can’t be right. He’s a melon. 

Three times this Laxalt attempted tackles by bringing his studs down on his opponent an injury inducing tackle I would bet he gives someone a bad injury .

As for Morelos he will probably get some kind of ban if reported to the compliance department. 

12 hours ago, craig said:

Win , loss and draw away in 1997

2 in a row Sept 1960 (LC & L)

2 in a row Season 1963/64

2 in a row Season 1968/69

3 in a row  Aug 91 to Sept 92

2 in a row Jan 94 Oct 94

2 in a row Sept 95 (LC & L )

Quite a few runs before that especially if you count Glasgow and Merchants Charity cups.

Funny how confident I felt going into the match, completely borne out by the performance and result. Going by social media it seems a fair few, if not the majority, of us felt overwhelmingly confident going into the game. Just hope we can kick on and show consistency to really grab this opportunity.

Don't want to pick on the guy too much, but when is Morelos going to get back up to speed? 12 months ago he was running teams ragged and practically controlling games by himself. He'd make and finish his own chances and was a threat everywhere. At the moment he looks slow and his distribution is really poor most of the time. He looks like he's always half a pace off the game. Is he just off form and it's a matter of time before he's back to his old self?

58 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Funny how confident I felt going into the match, completely borne out by the performance and result. Going by social media it seems a fair few, if not the majority, of us felt overwhelmingly confident going into the game. Just hope we can kick on and show consistency to really grab this opportunity.

Don't want to pick on the guy too much, but when is Morelos going to get back up to speed? 12 months ago he was running teams ragged and practically controlling games by himself. He'd make and finish his own chances and was a threat everywhere. At the moment he looks slow and his distribution is really poor most of the time. He looks like he's always half a pace off the game. Is he just off form and it's a matter of time before he's back to his old self?

I tend to agree with regards to Morelos. IMO he was on the verge of blowing it for us yesterday with his silly slaps and needless nudges. Would really love to have seen Defoe on yesterday for a good 30 minutes.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

34 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I tend to agree with regards to Morelos. IMO he was on the verge of blowing it for us yesterday with his silly slaps and needless nudges. Would really love to have seen Defoe on yesterday for a good 30 minutes.

His link-up play was superb yesterday: one touch around the corner, several times, onto Tavernier or Kent. You want to see him back on the scoresheet, but he's clearly doing the job asked, IMO. (Saying that, I think Roofe replaces him when he's fit.)

He lost his rag after a foul he committed - I don't know why he lost it; it was perhaps a tad late, nothing more. After that he was far too aggressive. He cooled down second half, IMO.  

In the first half in particular yesterday you could see what Morelos brings to the team. He’s a team player often with excellent link up play. He’s not getting as many goals as previously just now but hopefully that’ll change soon.

Compare him to that guy they had up front yesterday. They paid £3.5m for him ?

Said it earlier in the season we have tweaked our system and it is less reliant on Alfie both in getting goals and leading the line.

IMO this has affected him a little as he is no longer the main man, the goto man for a goal. However, his petulant slap apart, he did fine yesterday. He stood up to the physicality and made Duffy look like a player from the juniors. As others have said, his link up play was superb and was heavily involved in the lead-up to the 2nd goal.