SPFL: Contingency for incomplete season to be discussed by all 42 clubs

7 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Because part time teams in particular will find secure bubbles almost impossible to maintain as players have other jobs. 

20 hours ago, JohnMc said:

There is a chance that professional football in Scotland could be stopped

There's an obvious contradiction in these two comments.

I can't see the premiership being stopped early this season.  Time will tell...

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's an obvious contradiction in these two comments.

I can't see the premiership being stopped early this season.  Time will tell...

There is absolutely ZERO contradiction in those two comments.  Scotland already has many part time clubs who are professional.  Indeed, the majority of professional clubs in Scotland are part time.  You may want to go back and see what the definition of professional football is in Scotland, because it most certainly isnt that in order to be considered professional you must be full-time.

44 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Are any of the top flight 'part time teams in particular', craig?

Gonzo, you highlighted the words "part time" and "professional" and then said that it was a contradiction of terms.  Can you tell me where JohnMc said "top flight" in his response ?

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Upon reviewing JohnMc's comments, I made the correct assumption.

You really didn’t because you’re now trying to conflate two different statements.

you tried to say that “part time” wasn’t “professional.  You then tried to backtrack by using the top league as a way of justifying you being wrong.

Again, can you highlight JohnMc’s contradiction where you try to state that “part time” and “professional” are contradictory statements ?

You also do realise that John was also correct that the league may not  completed - we’ve already seen multiple games called off because of Covid and some last minute.  The SPFL have already stated that they don’t have any space should there be cancellations in games..... so it’s more than remotely feasible the season doesn’t complete by summer - and it can’t extend beyond then given European competition too.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

So what league was JohnMc referring to?

I’ll tell you what... as soon as you stop prevaricating on answering the contradiction between “part time” and “professional” then I’ll agree he was referring to the top division.

However, your argument, as proven by YOUR specific highlights, were around “part time” and “professional”, not the league.