Next 10 fixtures: Ours vs theirs

We both have 10 games in 42 days coming up. 

They have 3 league games, all away. 1 cup game at Hampden. 5 European games, 3 away. The Scottish Cup draw hasn't been done yet, but if they are drawn away that will be only 2 home games in their next 10 fixtures.

We have 4 league games, 3 at home. We have 5 European games, 2 away. If we are drawing at home in the cup, we will have only 7 home games in our next 10 games.

After Saturday, the timing of this couldn't be worse for them and couldn't be better for us. This a big test for them and it's an opportunity for us to press home our advantage. 

Their Fixtures                                     Our Fixtures

Thu  AC Milan Home                               Standard L Away

Sun  Aberdeen Away                              Livingston Home

Thu  Lille Away                                          Lech Poznan Home

Sun  Aberdeen Neutral                           Kilmarnock Away

Thu  Sparta Prague Home                     Benfica Away

Sun  Motherwell Away                            Hamilton Home

Sat   Hibernian Away                               Aberdeen Home

Thu  Sparta Prague Away                      Benfica Home

Sun  Scottish Cup 2nd Round - Draw not yet done

Thu   Milan Away                                       Standard L Home

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Only bogey I see in that is one of the league games is on Killie's kid on pitch,always worry when we play on these surfaces.

Really big test that one. 

The only thing that has stopped us from winning the league has been our consistency, we could/should have went on to win it last season but as we all know we lost our way. So again as we all know we have to take care of every team other than them, we are a better team v them as has been proved recently, if we beat every other team we will win the title. One match at a time as they say, but I get the impression the players realize this now, let's hope they do anyway! 

I was hopeful this victory over that lot would result in a mentality change throughout the club and support. 

The support has remained the same - bipolar. 

It remains to be seen if the mentality of the playing squad has improved but threads like this leave me expecting a 0-0 draw with Livingston while that lot win 6-0 at Pittodrie. 

It was interesting to me to hear Goldson talk about the complete drop off when we returned from Dubai last season - I would like to think that they now understand that anything less than everything simply wont be enough.  We do now have much better depth in the event that players go off the boil.

We are definitely in pole position - but we just HAVE to keep winning because as bad as Celtic are, they still dont drop that many points against the lesser lights....

34 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I was hopeful this victory over that lot would result in a mentality change throughout the club and support. 

The support has remained the same - bipolar. 

It remains to be seen if the mentality of the playing squad has improved but threads like this leave me expecting a 0-0 draw with Livingston while that lot win 6-0 at Pittodrie. 

Really not sure how you can say this thread suggests our support is bipolar.  Reasoned I would call it.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Really not sure how you can say this thread suggests our support is bipolar. 

Win a big game - we will win everything.

Lose a big game or draw a diddy game - Gerrard must go.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Win a big game - we will win everything.

Lose a big game or draw a diddy game - Gerrard must go.

Where in this thread has ANYONE said "we just won a big game so will win everything" - there isnt one single post saying that.

And, likewise, when was the last time you say ANYONE on here suggesting that "Gerrard must go".

You are seeing things you want to see, not things that are actually there.

1 minute ago, craig said:

You are seeing things you want to see, not things that are actually there.

I base my comment on the wider Rangers support, rather than this forum.  

The OP worries me.  

We totally f*cked up after our last victory at the Noncedome.  I'm a pessimist...can't help it.